Chapter 1 - Tomlinson

I swear I try to give them privacy and focus on what I’m doing. You know what people say: mind your own business. But I can’t. It’s not only that they are being really loud, but it’s also her. I can never ignore that she is around.

Her is Robin Summers, the girl in charge of all the sport section in the Uni newspaper. She is amazing, her articles are always so full of life and descriptive and she captures every game and competition perfectly. I’m a big fan of her work. To be honest, it’s all I read in the newspaper. The other sections are good, but hers is the best one. And she is not only bloody talented, she is gorgeous.

No, Robin is not the canon of beauty and she won’t be a model, but she is incredibly beautiful in my eyes. Maybe not everyone would consider her fit, but I believe she is really cute and, I don’t know, just special. There’s something about her I can’t really explain.

I guess you can tell I have a massive crush on her.

Have I talked to Robin? Nope, never. I’ve tried, though, but it never works out. She makes me so nervous when she's around that every time I gather the courage to ask her out I chicken out. I know, I’m not proud either. It’s pretty shameful and my friends laugh at me. They tell me I should just talk to her and end this, but I can’t. And she is always busy.

As I was saying, she is the head of the sport section. She is at every game —I honestly don’t know how she manages that— and she has these interviews with the stars of our university. Every month she has a full interview with some star from some team. Our Uni has great athletes and many scholarships for them. I myself have one, in football.

I was great in sixth form, the star of the team; hence why I got the scholarship. But in Uni it wasn’t the same. Many others were also stars in their schools and here, they are better than me. Still, I’m not a bad player, I’m quite good, but I’m not the best. That’s the reason why Robin has never stopped to look at me for more than five seconds. She focuses on the best players just to have a good article.

Robin is really pretty, maybe not the most outstanding girl on campus, but she is gorgeous. She spends a lot of time with blokes here and most of them do great with girls. They flirt with her and I’ve noticed it, she is sweet and innocent and she falls for them. I’ve seen her dating some guys she has interviewed, but those relationships never end well.

Like now.

She’s been ‘dating’ Connor for, I think, two weeks. Since she did an interview with him. Connor is the most recent star in our team. He broke the team’s record of most goals in one season. He had a really hot streak this season and of course she did an interview with him, and Connor is a lady’s man. She fell for him. But he can’t be with only one girl at the time. He’s the kind of lad who dates three girls at the same time. I still don’t understand how girls, knowing that, keep falling for him. I know Robin is clever, I know she is sensible… how is she dating that ape? I don’t know.

That’s why I’m kind of happy this is happening. This being them having a fight because she found out about Connor’s other two girlfriends. And she is not happy. I swear, I don’t want to listen, but I can’t help it.

“How could you do that to me?! I thought you liked me!” She screams and I sigh. How many times have we heard this? It’s a pity Robin has become one of the many girls who have come to the dressing room to yell at Connor.

“I do, but I also like Tiffany and Ginny,” he explains shrugging like it’s no big deal. What an arse, right?

“You can’t be with three girls at the same time! That’s not right. You made me feel I was special!” She recriminates him and I have to close my eyes for a second.