Extending

Henry, Matt and I were thrilled about the pregnancy even though it came as quite a shock, to me especially!

The Doctors were keeping a close eye on me, checking blood pressure, sugar levels and the such. With my condition I was a high risk pregnancy, the most dangerous time for me and the baby had already passed while I was none the wiser about my little bundle, I was in a safer time frame now but fast approaching the danger of an early labour and was under bed rest for most of the day.

The time had come for my scan and there were many discussions on whether we should find out if we were having a girl or a boy.

In amongst all of this plans for a beautiful wedding were on the way, I didn't really like the idea of waddling down the isle so the date was set for a few months after the baby would arrive.

Because of finding out when I was already so far gone I had missed all the normal time line for my scans and the such, I kept up with the folic acid and other vitamins to help catch up on giving my little joy the best head start I could, Hazel and Esmay often came by to check on me and give me some company. They often brought me some fresh fruit and a few chocolate bars for those low moments you just need something sugary which at the moment I was doing really well to keep it down to the absolute minimum

Every time the baby moved my friends squealed like little girls in the playground and came rushing over to feel. They made me laugh so much and I know they are going to be the very best aunts any child could ever have. And little Mark would have someone to play with- when they got bigger of course! Sometimes he or she would kick or push out so far you could almost make out the shape of a little foot!

It was all so exciting for them, as if every movement was for the very first time and they didn't want to miss a thing, and my men were no different! They would take in turns staying behind from work to be with me and our little joy helping me get up when I needed to move- going to the bathroom every 20 minutes was becoming a real pain in the ass! They would sit next to me when I needed a nap and I would use them as a body pillow to keep comfortable. You name it they would do anything to keep me happy

To relieve myself from the boredom of resting so much I had started to crochet, my mother taught me when I was younger but with raising a family and then working as a single mom I never found the time again, I was quite proud of myself for remembering so much of it and when I didn't I found a tutorial on YouTube that would give me a gentle reminder where I had slipped up

There was a lot of noise going on at the house since Matt and Henry came home, when they found out their family was extending they decided the house needed extending too, the very next day they made some calls and got builders in that they knew would do a good job as they've worked with them so many times before.

They got straight to work designing every last detail and got the plans rushed over to the builders so they could spend every precious moment with me, and the house has been like that since. Thankfully they were very considerate builders and had sealed off the extension work from the rest of the house so as not to let all the brick dust and such spread through, especially as I was at that stage where everything had to be super clean!

I always liked a clean home and taught my children how to pick up after themselves, how to cook, use the washing machine and how to iron. I wanted them to be well rounded adults and not be babied where they always brought their dirty washing home for mommy to do- no way was that happening! But I remember when I was expecting before and I would fixate on the tiniest little bit of dirt it was like I couldn't help myself, so at the moment I was alternating between peeing cleaning and sleeping!

I was anxious for the builders to be finished and out of here before my baby arrived so at least we could get it cleaned if not decorated before we get back from the hospital. I had been looking into different types of birthing, at home in a pool etc Jasmine and Levi came so fast I didn't have an option really, by the time the ambulance arrived I was already pushing.