019: yellow carnation

黄色いカーネーションsummer

黄色いカーネーション
summer

"Soonshimie, it's too earlier to get up." Taehyung groaned, taking the younger by surprise. Jungkook had only just woken up himself to find him and Taehyung entangled in what he found to be an uncomfortable mess. He'd tried to pull away from the older male without waking him, obviously failing. "I'll take you for your walk later."

Deciding he wasn't competent enough to move away without waking the older, Jungkook remained in his current position. His face was pressed against Taehyung's chest, arms mostly wrapped around his body and legs intertwined with the other's own. Now that he was half (or at least a quarter) awake, the effeminate male was sleepily stroking Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook almost felt sorry for the dog if this was what she had to put up with.

Taehyung woke a few hours later. By that point Jungkook had managed to get comfortable in the position he was in, passing the time by counting the beats of the older's heart.

"Good morning, Kookie." The rose haired male said when he noticed that the other was awake, smiling at him. He rolled over so he could rub his eyes, freeing the the younger. This movement made him groan and he pressed his fingers against his temple. "God, how much did I drink?"

"Enough to nearly sleep with this guy ー Chulsoo."

"Oh, I went in there with that plan. But Chulsoo? He was going to sleep with me." The brunette nodded. "God, what made me back out of that? That man's body is phenomenal, and I think he's straight."

"I didn't think he was that great." Jungkook muttered.

"Yeah but you're straight too. You can't appreciate a male's body like I do." Taehyung responded as he rolled onto his side so he could look at Jungkook again. He still looked kind of sleepy, the younger thought as he watched him. His eyes were bloodshot too. "I mean, you can appreciate one to some degree, but not on a sexual level. Hey, how did I get home..?"

"Well we walked for most of it, but then you collapsed and I had to carry you for the rest of it." This made the older chuckle.

"I'm sorry, but thank you for making sure I got home." Taehyung's stomach suddenly grumbled loudly, eliciting another chuckle from the older male. His hands dropped to his stomach. "Ah, we should have breakfast... I don't know what to cook."

"I can try to cook something. I need some practice anyway."The younger offered, although he wasn't feeling very confident about his capabilities of producing an edible meal. Still, Taehyung nodded and smiled.

"Sounds good ― whatever you make'll probably be better than what I could make." The florist yawned as he sat up a bit more, rubbing his bleary eyes. "Help yourself to whatever's in the fridge or cupboards... Do you mind if I have a shower while you do it? I can smell the chlorine on me."

Jungkook shook his head and the pair got up, heading off to the opposite areas of the small house. As the younger walked to the kitchen, he took the time to admire the older male's house. There were flowers in every room, he noticed, and most of them seemed to be predominantly carnations. Everything else was rather quaintly decorated, as though Taehyung's grandma had come in and furnished the small house. The kitchen, on the other hand, was completely modern: wooden planking, white marble and an island bar in the centre. The brunette thought it looked like it'd be a pain to clean.

An omelette, the younger decided, would probably the safest and easiest thing to make. There was a carton of eggs in the fridge and a few other things that Jungkook threw in as well. Soon he seemed to have an omelette cooking and Taehyung had reemerged from the shower. He sat on a stool at the island, a small white towel around his neck. Based off what Jungkook could see, he seemed to only be wearing an oversized shirt and boxers ― something that made the younger feel uncomfortably flustered. As he tried to keep his concentration on the egg, Jungkook thought back on all the times the older male had managed to fluster him.

"How's the eggs going?" Taehyung asked, appearing beside the brunette. This caused the younger to jump in surprise, having been so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice the older move.

"I don't know; fine, hopefully." Jungkook responded as he attempted to flip the omelette. It landed messily, not at all like his parents' or grandma's ones. Feeling disappointed, he unconsciously slumped his shoulders and sighed. This action didn't go unnoticed by the older, who watched Jungkook for a few seconds.

Doing his best to make sure it cooked all the way through, the brunette accidentally let it cook for a bit too long. This resulted in it being a darker brown, instead of the golden colour it was supposed to be. This only increased the bitterness of Jungkook's despondency as he placed it on the plates. He wasn't even sure how something as insignificant as an egg could cause such a reaction ― it was making him scold himself for overreacting so badly. It was just an egg; as far as he could tell, he wasn't even going to be a chef when he started working at the family restaurant. And yet the slightly overcooked omelette stared up at him, reminding him of how he wasn't good enough, and never would be good enough.

"Looks good!" Taehyung said in what was supposed to be an encouraging manner, trying to reverse Jungkook's plummeting mood. The younger just shrugged, handing one plate to the older before taking one for himself. They moved to the island and started eating. "It tastes good too."

"Not as good as Grandma's... Or Dad's... Or Mum's." Jungkook sighed, taking a small nibble from his own. He wasn't sure if he and Taehyung were eating the same omelette ― there was nothing good about the breakfast he was eating: all he could taste was disappointment.