A Whole New World

A Whole New World by 42hrb
*Happy December 13th*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek had no idea how he had gotten sucked into going to The Wolf's Den, a local college bar that he hadn't gone to since he graduated from UC Beacon Hills three years prior. Furthermore he had no idea how he had been suckered into going on a Thursday. He had no idea how he had forgotten that Thursday nights had always been karaoke night, he had spent many a drunken night in college at The Den belting out off key versions of different Beyonce songs, but now that he was 25 and had a full time adult job as a biomedical engineer he hadn't stepped foot into any of his old college haunts.

He was sitting at a table in the back corner of the bar, nursing his first beer as his friends chatted loudly. They were out celebrating Erica and Boyd's graduation from UCBH's law school, Derek was shaken from his thoughts by Erica slapping his arm with a manicured hand, "Derek you took off of work tomorrow and you're suppose to be celebrating with us, drink up you bitch."

Lifting his half full beer to his lips Derek downed it in one gulp and said, "Happy?"

Erica gave him a wicked smile and nodded her head toward a mess of light brown curls that pushed through the crowed. Isaac Lahey had just finished is L1s and had been adopted by Erica and Boyd when they found out that he moved across the country to attend UCBH and had no friends. "I've got tequila shots!" Isaac said and Derek groaned, he hadn't done tequila shots since his senior year. That night had ended with him on the roof of a gazebo yelling at the sheriff of Beacon Hills. He had managed to avoid charges because technically he wasn't drunk when the sheriff found him.

Boyd gave him a look that clearly said, 'take the damn shot' so Derek did, feeling it burn has he bit into the lime. Erica was smiling now as she waved the waitress over and ordered four more beers and another round of shots. The girl nodded, her dark brown hair falling into her eyes as she walked away. Isaac stared at her as she walked away, "She's perfect."

Everyone rolled their eyes at that, Isaac was a sucker for anyone with brown eyes and dimples. "How drunk do we have to get you before you'll sing 'Drunk In Love'?" Erica asked Derek with a smirk.

"Way drunker than I am now." He said as he turned toward the stage, there were two guys singing 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin, one with dark brown hair and a slightly uneven jawline and the other with brown hair that stuck up at all angles and very fair skin. The guys were clearly very drunk, probably just finished their finals and were letting off some steam.

"I love it when McCall and Stilinski make fools of themselves," A new voice said as Cora, Derek's younger sister, joined them. She kissed Boyd on the cheek and took a sip of his beer. She had been dating him since they had both volunteered to be a part of a research study that locked them in a room together for three days without anyone else, Derek didn't want to know what had happened in the room, ever. That had been two years ago and thank god he still hadn't heard the details.

"You know them?" Derek asked, only half caring about the answer.

"Oh yeah, they're Beacon Hills High School alum too, my year. I'm pretty sure McCall went to UC Davis but Stilinski went to UCBH, wanted to be close to his dad. They should be graduating with me next week as long as they didn't fuck up. Base on the shots I saw them doing I'm guessing they passed."

Derek turned back toward the stage, the two guys had their arms slung around each other and when they song ended they were both laughing. He thought he might recognize them from the lacrosse team, he would have been a senior when they were freshmen. McCall was the one with a darker hair and funny jawline, he looked like he might fall off the stage but Stilinski grabbed him by the arm and led him to their table, right next to theirs.