eighteen • have you ever

Your point of view.

I sat at the kitchen table, drinking my third cup of coffee, waiting for Odell to come home from hanging out with his "friends" tonight.

I was fine with him having a life outside of this relationship, but with him being out in the middle night for the fourth time this week wasn't cutting out for me.

I feared this was going to happen every once in a while, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Checking the time on the microwave's clock, it was past midnight and I was sleepy as hell.

I tried texting and calling him multiple times, but only hearing his voicemail was the end results.

Sitting the Christmas stained coffee mug on the table, I sat my head in my hands wondering where he could be.

Was it that difficult to tell your girlfriend where you were at this time of night? Was I being too lenient?

Without knowing, my mind soon drifted off to the recent pictures of Zendaya and Odell together at a basketball game last night.

I knew they were friends and I didn't care about them going places without me, but tonight, doubt crept into my head.

Was he in love with her and not me? 

Hearing keys jingled as if someone was trying to open the door, I shook my head as I stood up to tie the robe I had on tighter.

I watched as he closed the door back quietly, probably trying not to wake me.

"Where were you tonight?" I said calmly, but deadly.

Stopping dead in his tracks, he turned around to face me with a look of defeat in his eyes.

"At the club?" He said as if he was asking the question to himself and rather not me.

Raising an brow, he didn't think I caught it, but I did.

"You were with her?" I asked with sadness in my voice.

"No I wasn't y/n, I swear I was at the club with some of the guys from the team," he tried to explain.

I picked up my cup and sat it in the sink.

He just answered the question without knowing it.

I turned my back from him and squeezed my eyes shut.

I heard his footsteps coming closer before he took his strong arms and wrapped them around me.

With him doing that, the tears couldn't stop trailing down my face.

I could easily smell her scent on his clothes.

"I'm sorry," he tried to apologize with his head laying on my shoulder.

Wiping the tears away from my face, I pulled his arms away from me.

I didn't want him touching or near me when he was touching her just a few minutes ago.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I having Odell Beckham Jr all to myself.

Shaking my head, I was broken.

He was the one that broke me.

Walking past him, I walked upstairs to our bedroom, not giving Odell a chance to explain any further.

With the thought of him not being satisfied with me, I crawled into our bed, and pulled the covers onto my body.

Hearing the front door being slammed shut, I closed my eyes until I was sound asleep.

I lost him and now it was time for me to move on.