C h a p t e r 3

~chapter 3~

"Um... Hi." He said to my dad with an awkward wave.

"What're you doing here?" My dad asked, his face turning red and his fists starting to clench as he took a step closer.

When Ashton had no idea how answer back, my dad decided to take a step closer, closing the little space there was between the two of them.

"Answer me." My father was even more infuriated now.

"I-I... I came to get Violet." Ashton stuttered and looked at the ground.

"No. Violet go to your room. Now." My dad demanded keeping his eyes locked on Ashton like as if he looked away, even for a second Ashton would attack him.

"Why?" I asked. He turned to me.

"Go to your room." He said looking me in the eye this time.

I sighed and started to walk up the stairs; it seemed as though all my siblings were out somewhere.

Deciding not to actually go into my room I thought I could listen to their conversation.

"How could you?" My dad asked. His voice seemed hurt.

"How could you just waltz back into her life when I told you to stay away?!" He was getting angrier.

"She doesn't remember anything about me!" Ashton said, his voice getting louder towards the end.

"How do you think that makes me feel? We were inseparable." Ashton said his soft getting softer and lower.

Inseparable? I don't know him.

"I did my best to erase you from her memories." My dad stated, once again, his voice getting louder.

"But, why?" Ashton asked.

"Because you're no good! You don't belong here! That's why your mother left! Because of you!" My dad shouted at the top his voice.

I looked round the corner to see Ashton with a hurt expression written on his face as my dad tried to push him out of the door.

"At least let me say goodbye to Violet!" Ashton shouted pushing even harder back on my dad who was trying to shove him out of the front door.

"No! Stay away!" He shouted back and gave one last forceful shove back at Ashton who stumbled back and down the steps.

Everything was slow. My scream was slow and my dad's hard look on his face turned to guilt as he turned to see me. I legged it down the stairs towards the front door to the boy who was now laying unconscious on the concrete at the bottom of the steps.

"Ashton." I whispered cradling him head. I didn't even know I had started crying until I saw my tears land on his shirt.

"Ashton." I whispered again. Hoping just hoping that my dad had called an ambulance because his head was bleeding badly.

"C'mon Ashton." My encouraging whispers probably weren't going to be enough for him to come back to life though.

Ashton.