CHAPTER 19- A SMALL LITTLE GIFT

At first, Aarons's lips were like a touch of a feather on mine, a soft caress. Then, it turned into a passionate claim, a promise for so much more.

I stood rooted to my spot, my heart racing as Aaron deepened the kiss. His tongue explored my mouth and I kissed him back with the same intensity. His hand around my waist pulled me closer. If that was even possible. And I held onto him as my knees started to give in.

After God knows how long, he pulled back. But his hands remained around me, holding me close. We were still breathing heavily when I looked up at him. Aaron's eyes held so much desire that it made me drop my eyes to the ground as my cheeks turned red.

"You're adorable, Caroline," Aaron let out a soft chuckle. He hooked his finger under my chin and pulled my face up to meet his eyes and planted a soft kiss on my lips again.

"I promise you won't regret this decision," Aaron said as he pulled back for the second time. He tucked a rogue lock of hair behind my ear. His thumb caressed my face as he made that promise to me. There was nothing but downright sincerity in them.

"I know," I told him. There have not been a lot of people whom I could rely on in my life. The ones I did were too precious to let go. Now standing with Aaron, knowing we were going to share a future, I knew I was always going to hold onto him.

Aaron took me to his couch to tell me about the marriage plans. He wanted to have a short engagement and an early wedding. A month was what he had in mind. I was too happy to decline.

"I want you to be mine as soon as possible, Caroline," he had said.

He asked for my opinions about the plans and arrangements for the weddings and I was surprised how easily he incorporated my ideas into his plans and made adequate changes. Usually, I was not privileged enough to take the decisions of my own life. My father did it for me. And the few times he did allow me to do something on my own, it had contingencies. It warmed my heart the way Aaron gave me his full attention, heard me out, and changed his own goals to fit mine.

For a moment, the words had stopped making sense and I was lost in his face. I didn't even realize I was ogling at him until the seriousness on his face broke into a knowing smirk.

"Like what you see?" Aaron chuckled.

I bit my lower lip in embarrassment, but the next moment was pulled into Aaron's lap for another round of getting too lost to think straight.

After a few more conversations and several breaks in between, Aaron took me back home. It was past 1 in the morning by the time I reached my place.

"Miss me," he said. Aaron pecked my cheeks and I went in.

The next morning, I got up with a bright smile plastered on my lips. It was just yesterday that I was pacifying myself not to cry anymore, and today I was grinning like an idiot.

I got ready for the office and went down for breakfast. Considering the events that had taken place in the last few days, the house was weirdly quiet. It wasn't until Jane told me that they all had left for work early did I take a sigh of relief. Eating my breakfast in peace, without the weight of my life or the voices of the members of my house bothering me was a welcoming change. I gulped down two whole sandwiches and a mug full of coffee, before going out to catch a cab.

As I was about to enter dad's office building, I spotted a brand new, red coloured Lamborghini parked just next to the entrance. It had a huge matching red ribbon tied around it, giving it a Christmas present look, and my hands itched to go and touch it. But I refrained from doing so. It appeared to be a present for someone and even a scratch on it will lead the owner to sue me. Remembering my track record about luxurious cars and rich owners, I knew I would not be as lucky this time around. And to top it all up, I was sure I would not look good in a prisoner's attire.