Chapter Twelve

Edited by the one and only SammyBatts!!!

Thanks a million :)

Mel x

Picture of Alisa at the side :O)

Alpha I Will Not Except I Only Reject!

Chapter Twelve

Ricardo’s POV

I laid there awake all night hoping I had done enough to save my mate. The doctor then broke the silence in the barn as he approached me but making sure as to not come too close. Knowing that my wolf was being protective over his injured mate.

“Ricardo I need to check on Alisa, to make sure she is healing correctly,” he said as his eyes where full of concern. Breathing deeply I nodded as I moved back a little giving the doctor enough space to check on my princess. As he continued to prod her and feel her I could not help the small growl that had escaped my lips as she whimpered a little. My heart starting beating faster at hearing her whimper knowing that she is still alive and fighting. Even though it hurt so bad knowing she was in pain, I knew she was alive and that to me meant more than anything in the world. After a while, when the doctor had finally finished fully checking Alisa over, he gave me a weak smile.

“The healing is going well Ricardo, however we still have a long way to go,” he said as he started to back away letting me curl back into my mates body. I looked up at him and gave him a nod with a small wolfy smile.

Hours had turned into days and then days turned into weeks, it had now been exactly three weeks since Alisa was violently beaten and nearly raped.  Just thinking about that night sent shivers through my body in disgust!  In addition, it made my wolf so angry; he wanted to rip her dad’s head off for what he had done!  To his only daughter his own flesh and blood. I have spoken with my dad through our mind link as he had informed me that although Lucas completed the change into his wolf he has also been unconscious for the past three weeks. He thinks it must have to do with their twin bond and is worried about both of them. My uncle walked into the barn with a dressing gown in his hand.  Like every day he would come in here asking me to change back into my human form, which I always refused, as I didn’t want to leave my mates side just in-case she woke up.

“Change back now Ricardo,” he said in his Alpha tone, knowing I would not be able to deny his order. I changed back into my human form, not liking him using his Alpha tone on me and snatched the dressing gown out of his hands not even looking at him.

“What?” I said in pure anger.

“Ricardo you need to get cleaned up and eat a proper meal, not the scraps you have been living on! When she comes around you are going to need to be strong for her do you hear me?”  He replied in a do not mess with tone.

“Ok, I will but I am coming straight back here when I am done,” I said storming out of the barn, but not before kissing my princess. As I reached inside the pack house, I could feel every one’s eyes on me, which I knew, held a sad expression. Which I so did not want any of their pity right now! As I only wanted Alisa to wake up so I could hold her in my arms and look into her bright sparkling aqua eyes, and tell her how much I loved her. I thought to myself. Running up the stairs not wanting to waste any more time; I quickly jumped into the shower which took a lot longer than I thought it would, as I smelled so bad. But hey what do you expect I have not washed in three weeks. Getting out I dried myself off and walked back into the guest room where my uncle was standing with a small smile on his face.