Chapter 12

^^^❤️❤️❤️

I giggled as his breath fanned my neck. "Would you quit it? Someone could see us."

"I can't help it. There's just something about grocery stores. Plus, you have on my favourite perfume, so excuse me for not being able to keep my hands to myself," he defended.

"Well put a leash on yourself because we still have a lot to do before tonight," I scolded.

He pouted. "Fine, but as soon as all our guests leave, I'm having dessert."

"I'll be sure to put it in a bowl for you," I teased.

He tapped his chin, as though in deep thought. "Ooh, a bowl? I don't think I've ever done it in a bowl before. Does our jacuzzi count as a bowl?"

I smacked him upside the head.

He laughed. "You set that up for me though."

"Cain, shut up and push the cart," I instructed.

"Are we role playing now? You're very sexy as my Mistress, giving demands and all," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I breathed in deeply, willing the cosmos to grant me the patience to not kill this man or encourage him by laughing at his idiocy. "Can you not do this right now?"

"Yes my Caramel Queen," he said with that silly smile.

"You're ridiculous," I commented, looking at the shelves.

"For you? Anyday! Aaron tells me you invited him to the dinner," he said.

"Is that ok?" I asked.

"It's more than ok. It actually made me feel like a shitty friend for not doing it first, so thank you Mrs Bingham," he replied.

I smiled. "You're most welcome Mr Bingham."

"God I love seeing you smile. When are we getting married?" he asked.

"When do you want to get married?" I returned the question.

"If it were up to me, we'd go to the courts right now, so I'm going to leave that up to you," he offered.

I pursed my lips. "Can we deal with the launch first? I don't want anything to take away from our special day."

"That's fine with me, but the launch is only two weeks away," he reminded.

"I know, so how about we say two months from now? It should be enough time to plan a wedding, even though we're going to be charged exorbitantly for the rushed arrangements, but that's obviously not an issue. What do you think?" I suggested.

He left the cart and came to place his hands on my hips. "I think that the two months couldn't come fast enough."

We shared a sweet kiss before going about the rest of our shopping. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn't wait for the day to get here either. I want it to be perfect though, so I don't see us bringing the date forward.

But that doesn't stop me from looking forward to officially being Mrs Bingham.

I was caught off guard by thoughts of his mother. The woman has never met me, and she already hates me, so I guess her son proposing to me isn't going to make things any better between us. However, I'm determined to get her to like me, no matter what it takes.

"What are you so lost in thought about?" Cain interrupted my trail of thought. We were on our way to the mall.

"Did your mom confirm attendance for tonight?" I asked.