Jungkook - 21st Century Girl

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," he apologies, holding out his gloved hand.

You take it and allow him to pull you up.

"Nice costume," you compliment.

"Yours, too," he replies. "PPAP." He starts doing the dance.

You feel a little embarrassed, but it was a costume party after all.

"Isn't it hard to move in that?" you ask.

"A little, but you should see my friend Jimin's costume. He's so small that he can barely see over it."

You chuckle. "Minah, by the way."

"Jungkook."

"So, Jungkook, I've never seen you around here before," you try to make conversation as you start walking toward the empty table.

He walks alongside you. "I live a few towns over. I'm visiting some friends for the weekend."

"Figures," you mumble. "All the good-looking guys live far away." Jungkook smirks. Did I just say that out loud? "No, I didn't mean that. Not that you're ugly or anything. I was just..." you trail off realizing there was no way out of this one.

"Thank you," he says simply.

"So how about that band," you attempt to change the subject.

Jungkook looks at the stage. "They're not bad. They could work on choreography some more, but they sound okay."

"I just wish the host would have gotten someone famous to perform," you complain. "There's so many options."

"Well, new artists need a chance, too," Jungkook shrugs.

"Yeah," you agree while playing with the table cloth.

The song ends and the girls hurry offstage. The announcer steps back up.

"Thanks, girls. You were great," he praises. "And now we have another group performing. They call themselves Bangtan Sonyeondan. Let's give BTS a warm welcome!"

"That's my cue," Jungkook winks. He stands and walks to the stage, leaving you wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

You stare at the seven guys on stage in their costumes. Immediately, you recognize this Jimin person because you can't see his face over the cabbage outfit. The music starts and the boys begin dancing. Their synchronization takes you by surprise. They don't even seem like a upcoming group. You could easily mistake them for actual idols.

The guy dressed up as Ryan from KakaoTalk raps.

"You worth it you perfect

Deserve it just work it

neon gwitina gwiti tto prettyya pretty

bichina bichi neon jilliija ichi"

You nod your head to the music as you watch the incredibly talented boys. About halfway through the song, you get up and make you way to the front of the crowd. Despite the costumes, they all dance pretty well. When the song ends, you're pretty sure you clap the loudest. The announcer says a few words that you pay no attention to. The guys walk down the steps.

"That was amazing," you gush.

Jungkook grins. "Minah, I'd like you to meet–" He gets cut off by a group of screaming girls. You recognize them as the cheap kitties from earlier.

The crowd swarms the group. You allow people to shove past you. Soon, the only thing you can see is Jungkook's bunny ears.

"I'll just be over here," you whisper disappointedly.

"Hey, Minah,' that annoyingly cheery voice from earlier greets.

"Oh, hey," you try to sound excited.

She jerks her thumb toward the hoard of people. "That's a little too much, don't you think? They weren't even that good."

"You should probably get your ears checked," you snap. "That was pure talent."

"It was cheesy and totally overrated," she argues. "I mean did you even listen to the lyrics. They were trying way to hard. And don't get me started on the choreography. Way too simple."

"Agreed," a voice comes from behind you. You spin around to see Jungkook standing a few feet away. "Maybe we should practice some more. Thanks for your opinion."

You scoff. "Don't listen to her. You guys were great. Some people just can't appreciate talent." You get up to leave but turn back to add, "And I didn't change my number. I just don't like you."

The girl crosses her arms over her chest and turns away. You storm to the other side of the room to where the food and beverages are arranged.

"Don't be too upset about it," Jungkook tries to calm you down. "We get that all the time."

"Well screw those people," you declare.

"Sorry about before," Jungkook mumbles. "I wanted to introduce you to the guys, but those girls."

You shake your head. "Don't worry about. You should probably get used to it. Seems like your friends enjoy the attention."

Jungkook looks in the direction of the crowd. The other members are still surrounded by tons of girls.

"It's still new to me," he admits.

You grab a soda from the table and pop open the tab. The soda explodes all over you and Jungkook. Awesome. You slide a hand slowly down your face, getting most of the soda off.

"I'm so sorry," you apologize to the wet bunny.

"It was getting kind of hot in this suit anyway," he states. "Can you get the zipper?"

He turns around and wiggles his tail. You laugh a little before unzipping the costume. Jungkook steps out of it, revealing his simple white t-shirt and jeans. You admire his body before he turns around. When he does, he removes the bunny head. His brown hair is soaked with sweat because of the costume and the performance, but he still looks attractive.

"I have a pen. I have an apple. Uh. Apple pen!" someone sings from behind Jungkook.

You recognize him as a BTS member. He's dressed as a Cardcaptor Sakura character.

"This is Taehyung," Jungkook introduces. "He's weird."

"Excuse me. I prefer 4D," Taehyung corrects him.

"Whatever," Jungkook rolls his eyes but smiles. "Tae, this is Minah."

"What'd you think about the performance. It's a new song, so we need some feedback." Taehyung explains.

"Amazing," you gush. "You guys really need to get out there more. I would pay money to see that again."

"Jungkook-ah. Taehyung-ah," the cowboy calls. "We have to go."

Jungkook pouts. "Sorry, Minah. Eomma's calling." "Maybe you can come by sometime and watch us practice."

"That would be awesome," you remark.

Jungkook pulls out his phone while Taehyung travels back to the rest of the group. He motions for you to take it. You type you name and number in adding a smiling emoji after your name.

"It was nice meeting you," Jungkook waves.

"See ya around," you wave back.

You watch as he catches up to the group. He turns around and gives you one last wave before exiting. Your phone buzzes a few seconds later with a new text message from an unknown number. You smile when you open it.