Dear Nobody (Journal Entry 8)

*Note: Click the Youtube link above to listen to the Audiobook Version of this chapter voiced by Kristen M. (kaelking12) featuring cover music by Alex G. & Kurt Hugo Schneider.

Alex

Dear Nobody,

There once was a boy who was made of words.

A boy who lived and breathed inside the pages of a book I thought I couldn't read.

A book I thought I shouldn't read.

But I did.

I opened the cover and found the heart I thought I lost somewhere in the sand last summer.

But it's been beating right here.

Bleeding out words that used to be secrets.

Words that are starting fill the year-long black and white silence that separated us.

Words that should make me feel a little less lonely.

A little less lost.

A little more than half empty.

But I'm still full of holes.

Holes nobody can fix.

Questions.

Doubts that spill out from old wounds.

Old scars that never healed as well as a broken wrist.

But this.

These entries.

These words.

This boy.

Almost eases the pain.

So if I keep reading

Maybe I'll find the me I used to be again.

-Alex

***

(Thanks so much for reading guys! Because this was a short entry I will be trying my best to have another update up for you guys between now and Friday! This weekend I'll be speaking & filming at Wattpad's LonCon, so I'm hoping to squeeze in another update for you then! Hope you enjoyed kaelking12 's  performance on the audiobook!)