15

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 | "𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀."

"Well shit Lo, it took you long enough to kiss Mr Hotmings." Clarice spoke up seriously, wrapping her hands around the tall glass of apple juice as she looked at her best friend.

Logan rolled her eyes slowly, releasing a soft sigh, "I'm his employee Clarice," She told her friend in a hushed whisper, eyes wide and hands turning white slowly, "I shouldn't be so close with my boss."

Clarice released a deep sigh after the spread some strawberry jam over her croissant, talking as she did so, "And I get that! But he's shown affection here and there ever since you started working for him. It's obvious he's okay with you being more than just his employee. You sleep in his best for fuck's sake."

The fact Luke and her were already so close almost scared her. Sure, Logan didn't mind having the occasional cuddle session or stealing some kisses every often, but it made her feel invulnerable sometimes. Like Luke had put her under his spell.

"Alright so maybe he is perfectly fine with me being more than just his maid, but isn't it against all odds? I feel like I will get scoffed at when I tell people how I met Luke; oh you know, he's my boss but at the same time I'm dating him. Not weird at all."

It seemed as if all of the words spoken went straight through Clarice, until she settled with a big smirk dancing on her lips. She chuckled, eyebrows raised, "You just totally told me you would be fine if you and Luke would date, you know that right?"

Logan groaned, placing her fork down before shaking her head, "That's not what I'm talking about right now!" She sighed deeply, "Are you even listening to me?"

Clarice laughed at Logan's little whine, eyebrows furrowed and a small pout on her face made her look like a small child. "Yes I am listening to you, I'm just picking out your implies and I tell you them right here, right now. You're obviously too oblivious to see how much you actually like your boss."

"I can not date him," Logan said quietly, "He's a rich businessman that has to leave every now and then - hence to why he hired me. He's got so many powerful people around him, I just don't fit in with that type of lifestyle."

Clarice chuckled once again, "You forgot I also met those powerful people you're talking about. We went out with all of Luke's best friends and they were fine. They were normal -well, sort of- and they loved you. Don't you remember how happy Ashton was once you told him you'd hang out with them soon?"

Logan slowly nodded her head, pressing her fingertips against her temples. Maybe Clarice was right and maybe Logan was indeed overreacting.

"You know I'm right Lo," Clarice said quietly, reaching over the table to grasp her best friend's hand, "Status doesn't matter to them, otherwise you surely would've known already."

"And if you will ever think another woman will take your place in Luke's life, I will knock the bitch out with my bare hands, I'm serious." The girl spoke up, casually shrugging her shoulders as if it was nothing big.

Logan chuckled at her friend's words, "I know you actually will, so I don't have to worry about that."

Clarice nodded her head, "Now, go to your smoking hot man that's impatiently waiting for you at home, I will call you later."

The brunette rolled her eyes with the slightest blush tinting her apple shaped cheeks, standing up from the chair to tightly hug Clarice and place a small kiss onto her cheek as a way of saying goodbye and thank you in one motion.

"Don't doubt yourself!"

>

Throwing the spare key onto the counter top, Logan walked through the humongous house in the hope to find Luke somewhere. She took of her jacket and hung it over the chair in the living room before making her way upstairs.

She heard some music coming from his bedroom, the door opened slightly for her to look through. He was narrowing his eyes at the computer, mumbling a few quiet words to himself.

Luke barely noticed the brunette opening the door and making her way through until she wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders, placing her chin onto his head. "Everything okay?"

Luke hummed, relaxing underneath her touch while she pressed a kiss onto his cheek. "Ashton just emailed me some scripts I have to read, and there are so many of them. And now you're here and I won't be able to focus anymore."

Logan let a small laugh escape from her lips before unwrapping her arms from around Luke, placing her hands onto the spinning chair before turning Luke away from the computer. "I'm sorry," She smiled apologetically, resting her hands on his broad shoulders.

The material of his black hoodie was clutched in between her hands as she held onto his shoulders to make her way onto his lap.

It took him by surprise, but Luke was quick to place his warm hands onto her waist, and lean his head backwards so he was able to look at the small angel sitting on his lap.

"I have about a month to read twelve of them, so don't you worry princess," He told her, his voice low and quiet but just loud enough to be heard above the soft music that was still playing.

"I just don't want to keep you from work or whatsoever," She informed him in the same tone.

"You're not," He smiled, lightly pinching the small of her back as she placed her hands onto his chest, playing with the strings of his hoodie. "How was lunch?"

Her eyes shot up to meet electric blue ones, her mouth slightly becoming dry as she watched his curiosity radiate from his face.

"It was nice, we talked about a lot of things." She decided to tell him. It was partly the truth, and so she wasn't lying to Luke in any type of way.

"Did you talk about me?" Luke asked her with a sly smirk plastered on his face as he watched her roll her hazel eyes at him. "Clarice is basically obsessed with me, so I just guessed. But you actually did talk about the me then?"

"Sort of yes?" She giggled, pulling her hands from his chest to fiddle with her fingers, "It's nothing big though."

Luke sighed softly, taking her much smaller hands in his before he told her to look at him, "Don't be insecure about us please, there's really no need to."

A puzzled look was shown on Logan's face. How the fuck did Luke know about her feelings for whatever they shared?

Luke chuckled, "Clarice has her ways of showing everyone how much she cares about you." Logan laughed at this because she knew how right Luke was.

"I adore you Lo, don't ever have your doubts about that. You're a precious girl. My precious girl, yeah?"