43. "Just telling the truth."

Start from the beginning

"Bye, Matthew."

"I love you." I felt my cheeks reddened as my lips crept up into a smile.

"I love you too." Then I hung up.

Since I've been stressing out lately, I think I need a nap. Who doesn't need naps? If I haven't take a nap yet and I've been cranky. Then that's why.

I lay back in my bed, put the covers over me making myself comfortable ad I drifted of to sleep.

July 22, 2016

I take out my phone from my back pocket to check the time. It's 5:46 pm. Matthew said he'll be here around 6 pm. We're all leaving at 6;30 and I'm already.

"Are you ready, honey?" My mother comes in the living room, adjusting her watch.

"Yep!" I turned off the tv and stood up. I walk to the mirror that is hanging up against the wall and fixed my hair.

"Here I have something for you." My mother opens the closet door and took out a golden box. She walks up to me and handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Go see for yourself." She chuckled, I slowly opened the box and stared at the beautiful necklace.

"Wh-" I'm speechless, that's how beautiful it is.

"I wanted to give you this after you graduated high school, but I forgot." She rolls her eyes, I laughed. "But.. I just- I'm so proud. Proud of you, I'm a proud mom. You just grew up so fast, ya know? Like I remembered how precious you were and how happy I was when I had you. Now you're a big girl, a woman. But you'll always be my baby. I love you so much, pumpkin." Then she hugs me.

"I love you too mom." I hug her back.

"Now I'm going to start crying but it'll ruin my make up." She takes a deep breath blinking to stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks. Seconds later, the doorbell rung.

"I'll go get it." I said. I placed the box on the table before jogging up to the door.

"I'll go fix my make up." Then she walks back up to her room. I straightened out my clothes and opened the door.

There stood Matthew in a black tuxedo and his mother in a red velvet dress. Such a pretty color.

"Uh, these are for your mother." Matthew hands me the bouquet of dark red flowers.

"Thank you. Come in." I stood aside and waited for them to come in and shut the front door.

"You look lovely." Matt's mother tell me.

"Thank you. So do you, Mrs. Espinosa." I complimented her.

"Thank you, darling." She hugs me. When she pulls away, she sits on the couch and go on her phone. I walked to the kitchen to look for an empty vase to put this flower in.

"I think you look beautiful.. Not think, I meant know. Fuck, you look amazing." He wrap his arms around me and kisses my cheek.