v [Jaehee]

thought seven deserved a s h o r t break thanks for reading :)))

Day Five - Eleven

By the time that the eleven days had reset again, Seven wasn't even surprised. He was confused, of course, but who wouldn't be? What kind of supernatural force is making time go back? What is making him re-live the moments he fell in love with you, but have you look a different way? He dreaded to know who you'd love this time; he is almost positive it would be Jumin. But the cat-lover isn't capable of human love...hmm...

Only this time, you weren't looking for love, and Seven finally could breathe. How long has it been since he's felt this much relief?

Wow...does that make me selfish? I'm happy she isn't with someone. I'm a horrible person, he thinks as he lies back in his chair, looking at the screen of a computer. He is able to finally focus on his work without any distractions.

For the first few weeks his thoughts would be only on you, which led to him slacking on his work. The only time he would actually focus was when Vanderwood slapped him upside the head and scolded him saying how Seven 'is going to get us both killed.' Vanderwood was always able to add in a comment during the scolding about how he 'needs to eat different food or else he's gonna get fat and die from just eating HBC'

Even when Seven's mood is lifted and does his work, Vanderwood still lectures him.

"What secret agents do you know that are too lazy to even go on missions? Go on a run, idiot."

"So mean..."

"You had to go through physical training! Did all of that go down the drain?"

"Um, excuse you. I am still fit."

"Say that to your growing tummy. Quit the Honey Buddha Chips and have a fucking burger."

"How can I take you seriously when you said 'tummy'?"

"For fuck's sake, 707...Can you even do a push-up?"

He tested it, and yes, he could do a push-up. "See, I told you-oof!" Vanderwood then sent a large punch directly at his stomach, knocking the air right out of him.

"You should've blocked me. Sit down and give me 100 sit-ups."

"You're not my boss-"

"100 sit-ups. Now. Then eat a proper lunch, idiot."

"I'm actually pretty smart, Mary. I'm basically a 22 year old genius."

"Mary...?"

"Nevermind."

But, he does the sit-ups anyway with a huge smile on his face. How long has it been since he's felt so happy? He feels a little guilty for enjoying your being single, but he can't help it. Even if he isn't with you, no one else is either, and he's glad. I guess, I am a bad person. "God, I am an idiot."

"We know." Since Vanderwood couldn't remember the days that had reset either, he doesn't notice Seven's happier-than-normal attitude. He just thinks he's weird.

"Leave me alone, Mary. I wasn't talking to you." It still hurts, but he's accepted the fact you don't remember him. He decided that he just needs to make new memories, as your friend, like Jaehee.

-

"The party is finally tomorrow. I can't believe it." The eleven days seemed to have gone by so fast. After eleven whole days he is able to see you in person again, hear your voice in person again. He finally doesn't have to feel so anxious seeing you kissing one of the other members at the party.

"I had no idea you'd take Jaehee's route~ Wow... I mean... Jaehee's route.... just refers to a game in my imaginations." You laugh at what he says, and it's like music to his ears. How long has it been since you laughed with him? Well, you might have a few weeks ago, but you were too focused on Yoosung and Zen. They were all you'd talk and think about. But this time, this time you were laughing for him. You were focused on him.

"According to my imagination, you reaching this point means it's gonna be a happy ending! You have no idea how glad I am! V wants to thank you too." Glad I don't have to worry about you loving someone else.

Wait...what if she's falls for Jaehee?

"Hurray for God Seven!" you exclaim, and can't help the smile that appears on your face.

"Hooray! Hooray~ haha... you're so cute," he blurts out, and awkwardly tries to change the subject hoping that you don't notice the slight shaking in his voice as he laughs it off.

"It's nice hearing your voice. I try not to hear it though. If I get too close... it'd be so sad when I get kidnapped or something." He slips the last part in there, testing to see if you'd react. Would you be effected by him disappearing? He hopes you would, but also doesn't want you to be hung up on and sad for him. Imagining your face after someone you love is gone...he can't bear it. Especially if he's the cause. But he also wants to know you feel something for him. Dammit, Luciel! Stop contradicting yourself.

He changes the topic again. "Oh right...thanks for being the light for Jaehee." You helped Jaehee with finding out her passion and encouraged her to pursue it. You are supportive, and Seven loves that. He wants you to support him as well. He also wants to support you and your relationships, despite his own pain, but it's so hard.

"I'd like to be someone's light too, but it's not that easy. But... you passed on the light through the app I created. Thank you so much for that."

He would be fine with time not going back and resetting. You being Jaehee's best friend leaves you not only single- so he doesn't have to be heartbroken about someone else stealing your heart- but also gives Jaehee a better life, letting her enjoy her work without being sleep-deprived.

He's happy for Jaehee, and he's happy for you for being able to find happiness in just having a friend. Maybe he can find happiness as well just being friends with you.

But he knows that's not what he really wants.