Chapter 2?

*RECAP*

i get home and see that my mom is awake. Crap. i quietly sneak up the stairs and into my room. i hop in the shower and just sit there thinking.

'Cut. you know you want to. do it' my demons say. i shut off the water and grab my razor. I cut so many times. Cut after cut. That is until I hear a knock on my door.

>KNOCK< >KNOCK<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Umm... who is it?" I say quickly putting away my blade and start cleaning my cuts.

"It's your brother, Zack. Are you okay? I thought I heard something…" he trails off.

"Yeah! Yeah, umm I’m fine Zack. Thank you though…"

"...okay..." he responds uncertain.

Soon I hear footsteps walking away and sigh in relief. That was a close one. I quickly finish cleaning my cuts and walk out. As I’m walking out I see Cassidie sitting on my bed waiting for me

I slowly walk to bed, unsure of what she wanted…

"Come here Kayla. I'm not going to bite." she says with a smile. I relax a little bit because that means she isn't mad.

As I sit down, she suddenly hugs me. I was confused but hug back.

"You know I love you right? Even if something happens with your brother and I, I will still care and love you okay? I will still be here for you." she says smiling.

I smile back and think "wow, she is really cool. I mean, not everyone wants to deal with something like me…" then she stands up and walks out of my room smiling at me as she closed the door.

--------------------------------------Later on-----------------------------------------

"Honey! Can you come down for a few?" my mom yells from downstairs. I sigh and say holler back 'yeah'

As I enter the living room, I see everyone down here waiting for me. I smile lightly and sit down next to my brother and Cassidie who are all cuddly.

"Umm… what's up guys?"

"So we know your birthday is still a few days away but we couldn't wait to give this to you. Here" my mom says all excitedly. I smile again and grab the box she was holding.

I open it and scream a little. THEY GOT ME FREAKING DEMI LOVATO TICKETS!!!! AHHH! I jump up and hug my dad and my mom while yelling "Thank You!" over and over. Then I run over to my brother and Cassidie and hug them. I was excited! I say thank you again and ask if I can go tell Alex. My parents laugh and nod their heads yes. I scream again and run up to my room. I quickly grab my phone. I dial Alex's number and she picks up after four rings.

"Hel-- hello?" Alex whispers.

"Guess what- wait, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. It’s just Jack is sleeping and I- I didn't want to wake him up…" she says but her voice cracks. Meaning, Jack hit her. Again. Jack is her boyfriend. He is older than her by 3 years and can be… abusive when he drinks or has a bad day. I worry about Alex a lot because she won’t leave him but she doesn’t see the side everyone else sees. She doesn’t see the concern and worry everyone has for her when we see a bruise on her cheek or arm.

"Alex, did he do something again?"

"N- n- no. I'm fine. What did you want to tell me?"

"I just wanted to tell you that my parents got my DEMI LOVATO tickets!" I say trying to cheer her up..

"OH MY GOSH! REALLY?!!?"

"Yea! And I have two tickets!! We’re going to see DEMI LOVATO!!"

"Ahh! When is it?!” She says.

“Umm… March 10th! The day of my birthday! Ahh!” we both scream and talk for a little bit. Eventually she has to go because Jack is waking up.

 I lay down and think about meeting Demi Lovato. Ahh! Still can’t believe it. I mean she is so amazing. She has saved my life more than once and I can’t ever repay her enough.

 I’m almost asleep when I hear my door open. I turn over only to see Cassidie walking towards my bed.

“Cassidie?”

“Yeah, go to sleep sweetie. I just wanted to sleep somewhere without your brother snoring.” She says while laying down next to me.

“Thank you” I say almost asleep…

“For what?”

“Being here for me when I needed… someone…” then I’m out cold.

*So…?! What do you guys think? Do you think Cassidie knows Kayla still cuts? I’ll update… probably tomorrow. Or later tonight. We shall see. J Thanks for reading!! Oh! And let me know if there is anything I can fix or any critics. Thank you!!**