Chapter 5 ✨

(Partially edited 12/16/21)

••Haru's POV••

I barged into the hokages office without notice, Isao trailing behind me. It's still so early in the morning, around the same time kids should start going to the academy but I can't find it within myself to care.

I just want to get to the bottom of this!

It was almost comical, the way that the third hokages pipe fell from his lips in shock when his eyes landed Isao. His gaze flickers in recognition, and dread sinks in the pit of my stomach when I realize I really, truly must've been lied to.

I pointed at the wolf and glared at the hokage "Is he telling the truth?" Is he? He just can't be- it's impossible! My entire life I've been told-

"Isao, it's been years since I've last seen you." The hokage claims, his back straightening just a bit; tension visible in his gaze.

"What have you told her?"

And it's like suddenly, the blood in my vein freezes. There's no way-

Isao chuckled, amusement and hostility present in his tone when he speaks. "Oh I've told her nothing but the truth, her heritage, her parents, her clan. All the things she should've already known." The summoning stated factually.

The hokage, confronted with such a sudden situation, could only bare to nod his head. Perhaps even guiltily, though, as a child myself I could barely register such an emotion coming from the man.

Not when I'm struck with a very serious realization.

My clan, my heritage, my history!- was all hidden from me, taken from me, and shoved into locked rooms filled with the quietest of secrets Konoha could ever keep!

My eyes narrowed "Does this mean you've been lying to me all this time?" I scoff, crossing my arms in front of me and taking a step back from the Hokage's desk. By now, I've taken his silence as the obvious answer.

The wolf nodded by my side. "He has, ever since you were born they've tried hiding your true identity. Until I found you, of course." Isao proclaims, maybe even a little proud as he now speaks.

I cant even begin to address the way that Isao's words are ringing true in my ears. All I could focus on was the man seated before me. If he knew my parents, why would he lie?!

I've lived life roughly, due to not knowing who I truly was. I've gone through so much loss, so much saddened curiosity, so many isolating emotions-

And for what?! Why?! How could he have done this to me?

Hiruzen, the esteemed hokage, could only stay quiet for so long. But my patience had already worn thin. The office I once enjoyed visiting so much before any of this suddenly became so stuffy, almost suffocating. I couldn't stand it any longer-

So with a racing heart, I bowed my head and swiftly turned back around. "When you want to tell me why I've been lied to, lord Third, I'd love to hear it. But until then-"

With weight lingering on my shoulders, the threat of frustrated tears stinging at my eyes, I finally made my way out of the room. Isao trailed closely behind, not before sending Hiruzen one last meaningful look.

One that screamed "You had it coming"

•• Hours later••

Ever since the hokages office I've practically barricaded myself in my bedroom, trying to process everything I've learned thus far.

Sitting on my bed, staring at my empty cloudy grey walls, I would occasionally glance at the mirror, and my eyes would grow angry at the sight of my own face for some silly reason.

It was so obvious this entire time, I just can't believe I've been lied to. Or that I believed those lies!

I always had a gut instinct though, my father. He's was never some ordinary chunnin. He was could've been hokage for godsake!

He was the hokages student! And he was also a sannins student! Didn't it hurt the hokage to try and completely erase a guy like my father from my history?

Then suddenly, sadness surged through me. I realized I would never meet my parents. I've always assumed they were gone, and that I'd never meet them regardless, but now that I have confirmation?

It stings, to say the least.

Now I was rather morbidly curious. How did my parents die? When did they pass? Does anyone else know of my existence?!

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on the door. I Slowly got up and opened the door revealing four familiar faces.

The silver haired mask man spoke first.

"It seems that you've missed out on our first meeting Haru, mind if we come in?"

•••••

Helloo my lovely readers! What'd you think abt this chap?

Thoughts on Haru learning about her true identity?

How do you think Haru's life may change now that her true heritage has been exposed?

And omg her new team at her door! How do you think Haru's gonna react to meeting her new official teammates?

As always be sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section below and Tysm for reading!

I'll see you all next chap!