Chapter 3

Silhouettes and figures danced in front of him, bringing back confusing images and memories to his mind. A vision of a girl with long, curly brown hair stood before him with a knowing smirk across her lips. Her long, flowing silk white dress blew gently in the wind as she spoke to him, but he couldn't hear her voice, only muffled sounds that didn't make any sense. Newt tried reaching out to her, but found that he couldn't move his feet. It was as if they were glued to the floor. She started to fade away, and he frantically started to call out to her, telling her to wait, not to leave him. Unwanted tears fell from his eyes as she moved farther and farther away from him and all of the sudden, she was screaming his name as a cliff appeared from nowhere and her foot slipped off. Billowing sheets of shiny silk floated upward and he cried out, finally able to move. It was too late though as he reached the cliffs edge. She had disappeared down into a foggy mist. A broken sob escaped his throat, and he fell to his knees, weakened by what had just occurred.

Suddenly, his name was called. He perked up at the sound, the voice being vaguely familiar. He heard it again but then he wanted nothing to do with it. It was the girl, come back to haunt him. A darkness filled the air and scared, he reached for his wand, only to find it missing.

Newt panicked as the voice calling his name turned sinister and he was suddenly being pushed backwards towards the cliff, unable to stop what was to come. He screamed out in fear and his footing was lost and there was no longer ground beneath him. He was falling, falling to his death when-

Newt's eyes shot open and darted across the room. Where was he? What's going on? He couldn't focus on anything.

"Shh, calm down sweets, you're gonna be alright," he heard a soft, feminine voice speak, along with a gentle hand carding through his hair.

"It's Queenie. Tina's here too, you passed out on our doorstep and we brought you inside," Queenie informed the obviously ill man below her. "You've got quite the temperature there, don't you?" she cooed, feeling the heat radiate from his head.

Newt moaned in pain, "M-my head...what what's-?" Tina, suddenly appearing, shushed him and laid a cool cloth on his forehead, dabbing it a little.

"Can you tell us what hurts, Newt?" the brunette asked.

Newt thought for a moment, mind spinning, "My suitcase, where's my suitcase...the creatures, I can't- I can't-" he rambled on deliriously, trying and failing to sit up.

"They're all fine Newt, we took care of them and your case is right here," Tina said, pointing to the suitcase on the opposite bed. "You are not fine though, so can you tell us what's wrong?" she was very worried about him. He'd come to their doorstep, burning with fever, then passed out, only to leave Queenie in a frenzy, shouting about Newt's arrival and needing help.

"Please, you must tend to them...I can't...I need to..." Newt continued to ramble on, worrying the girls even more with his incoherent mumbling.

Tina ran her fingers through his soft, ginger hair that was now laying down flat to his forehead with sweat. Subconsciously, Newt reached for her and clutched her hand to his chest. Tina's heart just about melted. The man she'd grown quite a liking for was laying below her, shivering yet sweating profusely, cuddling her hand to his chest. Tina glanced up at her sister, who smiled and nodded knowingly. Tina smiled back, shyly and pulled her arm away before kicking off her shoes and laying down beside Newt, letting him cuddle into her. Queenie pulled out her wand and cast a healing spell over Newt's pale form. He instantly stopped shaking and his eyes fell closed, his breathing evening out. He relaxed into Tina's embrace and fell asleep.

Tina smiled at Queenie before saying she could go, knowing she'd be fine with caring for Newt while Queenie was out. The blonde sister nodded and eagerly gathered her things before apparating from the building. She was meeting Jacob for a lunch date and was already running late.