0.1

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Sunday, 10 July
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I was looking out the window, watching the houses go from small and run down into large and like mansions on hills. I was surprised when I saw them, and my mother looked like she was trying not to react.

A few weeks ago, my mother's father had passed and we had inherited everything including his estate. We were usually really poor, although my grandfather was rich. My mother didn't like to take money, she said we were fine without it. Now that he had passed though, she had no problem taking all of the wealth. I wonder why.

"That one." My mother said from the passanger seat and my father slowed the car done before pulling into the driveway, immediately people walked out on the porch and I was already embarrassed that we were at the wrong house.

"Hello Fischbachs!" A round woman proved me wrong with a wave at us and walked down the steps before bowing. "I am sorry about your loss, but please allow us to assist you." The younger bunch followed her down and stood beside her, they bowed too.

"Nice to finally meet you Rosa." My mother smiled at her. "It's been such a long time that I've been here, but you look lovely."

"Oh thank you very much." The woman - assumed Rosa - smiled brightly as she stood straight. My attention turned to the bunch of children. "Introduce yourself, darlings."

"Hello, my name is Ninette." A small girl smiled up at us, her brown hair falling around her in two long braids and her eyes reflecting the sky. Her little plaid dark green dress decorated with lacey white. She looked no older than three or four.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Elena." A slightly older girl spoke up with the same braids but brown eyes and a pastel yellow dress. She looked about eight or nine.

"I hope you all had safe travels," Who looked the oldest smiled as she waved, her hair was falling around her face and didn't even brush against her shoulders. "My name is Marika."

The last - the only boy - smiled and spoke. "My name is Sean." He introduced himself and I suddenly noticed that him and the older girl sounded.. Odd to me. I was curious but I didn't speak.

"Well, I am Heather and this is my son Mark and husband Martin." My mother introduced us. "There are a couple more who are on the way, but they won't be here for about a week." She was referring to my two older siblings, my slightly older sister and my older brother. Kate and James. They were doing something for a class that they were each signed up for. I was excited for them to get back, but I was curious as to what they would think of the group in front of me.

"Well let us take care of your belongings, Sean will show you all around." Rosa said with a smile before the boy stepped forward, his eyes shining like the young girl's.

"Follow me, please." He spoke with a bright smile and then showed us inside the house. He spoke about the rooms briefly and we went up to the second floor and he showed us around the rooms there too before bringing us to the back porch in which there was a small flowery garden with a bench and fountain. I then saw a small cabin hidden in the brush of the trees that lined the property.

"What's that?" I asked pointing at it.

"Oh, that's where we live." Sean told me with a nod. "Do you have any questions?"

"No, thank you very much Sean." My mother said with a smile. The boy nodded his head and flashed a the same smile he regularly showed. I noticed that he continuously held his hands behind his back, smiled and bowed. I came from a poor house, and there were going to be servants here? "You can go back to your normal tasks. Thank you."