1. Sugar, Spice, & Not Everything Nice

Start from the beginning

When will Archer realize that I'm the girl for him?

Ms. Fontanilla, our English teacher, entered the classroom, ten minutes late as usual. She lives all the way from Temecula, so she fights traffic every morning making her a part of the tardy list. She was always disorganized, and judging by the way she looked every morning, her physical appearance desperately screamed for a makeover. Our teacher was only thirty years old, but she looked like she was already in her fifties. Instead of heels, she wore tennis shoes along with her tweed suit.

Not good. Not good at all. It's a freaking fashion faux pas, if you asked me. She needed some work. Lots of it.

A dark brown-haired boy came barreling through the door just as Ms. Fontanilla was about to write on the board. As he made his way to his chair, I purposely placed my leg in his path, making him trip over, and everyone erupted in laughter, giggles and wolf whistles. He quickly stood up and gave me the deadliest glare he could muster.

That boy right there was Rich Carson.

The number one class geek. Okay, not number one, but he was on my imaginary list. Someone told me once that he was on the swim team. Not sure if the rumors were true since I hardly ever notice him. To be honest, I never liked geeks or nerds in my school. I don't know why? They just irritate me, I guess. Between you and me, and as much as I hate to admit, Rich was a cute geek. While all the boys in school drooled over me, he seemed to be the only pathetic soul who refused to worship me.

"You know what, Allie?" Rich blurted out. "You're such a bitch."

Everyone gasped in horror. My jaw dropped. The whole class fell silent. So silent you could practically hear a pin drop in the background. No one has ever called me a bitch before. Especially if it came out from a nobody like Rich Carson himself. My eyes started to well up from the humiliation.

The teacher spun around to what she just heard. "Mr. Carson, what seems to be the problem?" She pushed her thick black rimmed eyeglasses further up her nose.

"It was nothing, Ms. Fontanilla," Rich replied, lowering his head in embarrassment. He quickly opened up his textbook. His whole face was practically beet red. He slid me a look but I averted my eyes back to the front of the class. Throughout the whole period, I had a sinking feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what it was, but I hope it won't be that bad.

*

"Let's face it, Allie. You are a bitch." My best friend Aggie stated before she slurped her carton of chocolate milk.

We were at the parking lot leaning on the hood of my car while all the high school seniors dropped off their lists for the annual senior scavenger hunt. Natalie inspected each list before rolling it up and dropping it into the box. After that, she handed them an invitation for her Halloween party where the winners of the scavenger hunt will be announced by her. She was lucky enough to be the hostess this year and I was just wondering what prizes were hidden up her sleeve.

"I'm serious," I squeaked. "That geek's going to get it, I swear. Who does he think he is anyway?"

Aggie gave me a light pat on the shoulder before she pulled her newly dyed red hair into a ponytail. She was one of my best friends. My sidekick since grade school who was my complete opposite. She wasn't a cheerleader, but she was with me all the time, so that made her an immediate member of the popular crowd of Viento Vista.

"So, what are you going to do about it, Allie?" Aggie went on in her most malevolent tone. "You want us to kick him all the way to Geekville?"

"Speak of the devil," Natalie chirped. "Geeks approaching at twelve o'clock."