Shipwrecked Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Opposite Hatred

I opened my eyes the next morning feeling dehydrated and hungry. I also needed the toilet. Badly. I remembered something that our science teacher had told us at school, she had said 'Never have coconut milk if there isn't a toilet nearby, as it is a natural laxative.'

Perfect.

Well, seeing as I was going to be practically living on coconut milk until someone found me, I decided that I needed to find somewhere to pee.

I slowly looked around. I noticed that my short light brown hair was falling limply at my shoulders. Where was my Super-Lift shampoo when I needed it?

'C'mon Caroline!' I thought to myself, 'Pull it together. If you're going to survive you need to act like a survivor.'

With that thought planted into my head, I briskly walked into the overgrown forest to search for food, water, and a place to pee.

The peeing area was quickly found.

As soon as I entered the forest, I came across a wide, treeless area. It was private enough, and there were little bushes everywhere so I could do my 'Business.'

With all the grace of an elephant, I bent down, slid of my bottoms, and peed.

Yes, just like that.

I then put back on my shorts and bikini bottoms, and went in search for food and water.

I didn't have to search long.

After five minutes or so of wandering deeper into the forest, I came across something extraordinary. There, running through the green, lush forest, was a river. Just a pure, clean river, flowing like it was completely normal for it to be there. Maybe it was! Normal I mean.

I didn't know anything about nature.

I went up to the wonder-river, bent down, and washed my face and hands. The cool, clean water felt good on my wound. It didn't sting like the sea water. I then had a long drink. The amazing water felt pure and perfect. I was enjoying that moment so much that I didn't hear the rustle behind me. By the time that I heard the footsteps, it was too late. The person who they belonged to was standing behind me and tapping me on the shoulder.

I spun round as if I was being hit by lightning. There was a boy standing before me. He looked about 15 with dark brown, almost black hair that was flopping over his eyes, which were a muddy brown. He was quite a bit taller than me, even though I was extremely tall for my age, with denim shorts and a t-shirt thrown lazily on. His mouth was shaped in a type of crooked smile that told me that he was a popular, stuck up jerk. His expression told me that he couldn't care less that he had just scared me out of my skin. I took an immediate dislike to him.

'Hi,' He said simply.

'Um, hi . . .' I replied slowly.

'What's your name?'

'Caroline.'

'Don't you want to know mine?'

'No.'

He laughed contemptuously. I grimaced in horror. His smile faded almost as quick as my hospitality.

'My name's Dan,' He said happily.

'I don't care,' was my reply.

'Aww. Well we are the only people on this island so we gotta stick together if we are gonna survive. I'm guessing that you were on the boat that was shipwrecked? Well I was too. So buckle up and get ready for the ride partner!'

I hated him already.

I walked off, holding my head in the air. He followed behind with a stupid grin on his face. Did he not care that we were on an abandoned island? Or that we were going to be living on coconut's and stream water for however long? That was, if we survived?! Obviously not.

We arrived back on the beach within 5 minutes. I found a stick on the outskirts of the forest and drew a line between my shelter and me, and him.

'What's that for?' He asked stupidly.

'That side is your side,' I said, pointing at his side of the line, 'And this side is mine,' I declared, signalling towards my half. 'Make of that what you will.'

And with that I went and sat down in my homemade shelter, and stared at the everlasting water.

'Fine,' I heard him say, 'Have it your way! I really don't care!'

And I seriously believed that he didn't. I certainly didn't. I could live the rest of my life without seeing that stupid grin ever again.

But that obviously wasn't going to happen.

The rest of the day was spent in silence.

I pottered around, repairing my shelter. Some of the leaves had blown off and I didn't need sunburn on top of everything else.

When the sun finally went down, and I got settled, I heard Dan shout 'Goodnight,' but I didn't reply. There really was no point.

If you enjoyed this, check out TRiiCH's work! She rocks and has done me a HUGE favour so read, vote, comment everything of hers please! Oh, and also, Devilgirl95 is amazing!

Thanks!

From A