21. Nervous (Lafayette x Reader)

"Come on a walk with me beautiful." Lafayette said to me grabbing my hands. 

"It's close to dinner time Laf. I'm really hungry." I complain.

"If you go on this walk with me you will never regret it. I promise." he kisses me sweetly after saying that making me smile.

"Oh fine. Make it fast though." I say holding his hand as we leave the house going across the lawn. As we get farther I notice Lafayette get more nervous every step. 

"Are you okay?" I ask as he stops by a bench sitting down next to me. After I said that I heard something in the bushes by us but shook it off. His whole facial expression changes as he looks up at me smiling. 

"I just uh- I'm sorry." he said obviously still nervous,"Here. I would like you to read this Y/N." Lafayette handed me a folded piece of paper. I smile at him then open it up not looking at him anymore. 

'I'm lost for words as of how to tell you what I'm about to write. 

Y/N ever since I met you I've known that you were the only one for me. Throughout everything that has happened you have always been by my side. I love you with all my heart. I never stop missing you when you're away and I just want everyone to know that I love you.

Look over.'

"What?" I say before looking over to see Lafayette on one knee. Immediately I know what is happening and I smile so wide my face hurts.

"Will you marry me?" he asks in that sweet French accent of his.

"Of course!" I shout jumping up from the bench and hugging him taking him back a bit from the sudden force. There was a millisecond of silence until there was hollering and cheering. I take my hands back and turn around to see Mulligan, Laurens, and Hamilton.

"You guys were there the whole time weren't you?" I ask them rolling my eyes at their childishness. Silently they shook their heads yes. I turn back to Lafayette and he looks at me like he's sorry.

"I was just nervous." he said shrugging his arms and I just laugh at his nervousness from before. He smiles again then kisses me sweetly. From behind us we heard gagging noises and complaints as we keep kissing.

"Get lost." I say to them after pulling away from the kisses. 

"Gladly." they all say and Lafayette laughs along with me. 

*
MOANA tho...
Sorry I don't update often. I mainly update my other book EASE.

If you don't read it it's basically a imagine that's just a book so go and check that out if you want!