Ch.17: This Quest Gets A Little More Messy

Percy's pov

At the moment I really wish I had the watch shield Tyson had made for me. But no I had thrown it at Kampie when we were trying to get back in to the labyrinth. Sometimes I don't get my self. I mean I could have thrown my sword, it would have just shown back up in my pocket. I mentally smacked my self.

What I really needed to do was focus. There was a blood drinking demon and to of her little followers out to get me and I was having a mental battle on why I had thrown my shield at Kampie. As i said before Some times I don't get my self, this was one of those times.

We were armed with swords and shields on a public bus with mortals. I didn't know what they saw but what they saw wasn't good because they started to scream and get up out if their seats freaking out.

Kelli came at from over the seats which gave all of us time to jump out of our seats and into the ail. I looked back at Kelli's little followers and they were trying to squeeze through crowds of people trying to get out the front of the bus. Lets just say the should be busy for at least another few minutes. I Turned to find Kelli attempting to jump over two rows of seats, lets just say it ended with her struggling to get up from between seats.

I looked around on all sides of me finding nothing. I went to turn and ask Annabeth who was trying to get people to calm down when it caught my eyes. I didn't know how I missed it but sitting right in the back of the bus were every bus has one is the emergency exit. I mentally slapped my self and started to hit Thalia on the back. She turned around and snapped "what!" I turned toward her and said "the emergency exit, we can go through the emergency exit." Will looked at me like I was crazy before saying "we're going 55 miles an hour on a busy road! How are we suppost to land safely on the ground?"

I didn't think of that one.

I looked around and saw the driver and I instantly knew what was going.

Thalia was sitting there muttering words while waving her hand. She was doing the exact same trick she did at that school we found Nico at, she was controlling the mist. People were starting to calm down, but we still had one more problem. With us taking out our weapons we freaked out the bus driver and I just hope, I desperately hoped that he had fainted. Me and Annabeth shared a nervous look and I glanced around at the rest of the people in our small group before I announced "be prepared to fight." we all knew the plan even if it was unspoken.

we had to get to that wheel before the bus drove us straight into something......or off of something because coming up on us was a bridge. Everyone was now sitting back down which was good and bad. good because no one is getting trampled but bad because now there was a clean path for the Kampie to walk straight at us in. I nodded at everyone and we put our weapons up ready for the on coming attack.

Kelli had managed to get out of the seat and in to the ail to so it was six to three, two against one, it was a pretty fair fight considering team had a habit of sucking blood.

they came running and we wasted no time meeting them halfway to use. I slashed down with riptide but Kelli was prepared and dove a centimeter out of blade reach. She went in toward my abdomen put I blocked her dagger she had with my sword. had to find a way to the front of the bus.

Behind me I heard a screech and I saw from the corner of my eye a flash. which meant two things. One, a Kampie got electrocuted and two, it died. all the sudden I felt a sharp pain in my arm and felt a hot warm substance roll down my leg and seep into my blue jeans. I cried out in pain while I was concentrated on the battle to my left Kelli had gotten me in the leg. I lifted my sword and dove at her but she paired my strike we kept at this while from behind Kelli I saw Annabeth run to the drivers seat. I could hear Will, Grover, and Travis fighting the other Kampie who must have been a pain in the but. I used my powers and summoned water. there was a good wave between me and Kelli I forced the water forward and Kelli went slamming onto the floor. I ran over to her and brought my sword down on to her ending her life and I watched as she dissolved into a sand box.

I wasted no time running down the ail to help the girls carry the fat driver out of his seat. As I sat next to the bus driver I turned to see how the other guys were doing with the last Kampie. I didn't inter fear because it looked liked they had the upper hand. I continued to look around and saw all the passengers faces emotion less, the effect of the mist.

Annabeth pulled the bus to a screeching stop on the side of the road right in front of the tiny bus right as will took a killing blow at the Kampie's head who then disintegrating in to sand just like her other two companions.

We let all the passengers off the bus first and Thalia used the mist to make the people think that the Kampie were the bad guys and that the bus driver had passed out when we started to try and disarm the bad guys...... they all believed this.

After everyone was off the bus the six of us walked off and sat down. Will sat next to Grover and asked "so what do we do now?" I sighed then said "we either walk for a while or we can hitch hike." everyone looked at each other before they all said "hitch hike." Which is how we all ended up on the side of the road waiting for two hours for a car to stop for us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry about not updating for a while I had to catch up in school before the end of the semester which was rolling up and then I wanted to got on track with the new semester so ya. and then last week it was a bunch of test going on. and Wednesday I was in Seattle all day for the sea hawks per aid (I prefer the 49ers better.) but I had to root for someone in the super bowl. this chapter is dedicated to hellosunshinecello who got the answer right as Arion. and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I know I have a lot in this chapter because I wrote it late at night :)

question: was the first god Percy ever met in the books.

vote, comment, read

love ya demigods

love, theoneyouseek33