Day 8 | Jealous

Apparently Seven was up and about, feeling a lot better than the day before. He said he was going to finish up the last of his work and muttered about encryption and starting speaking binary that I couldn't quite follow.

"If you need anything, just call me and there's a 99% chance the Defender of Justice will answer your cry for help!" He grins goofily before placing light kisses on my forehead and promising that today was the last day he'll be working for the rest of the week.

I wander around the household, letting my mind wander along with me. It's gotten kind of quiet around here. Besides the occasional taps and clicks coming from Seven's keyboard from inside his room, there was only a stifling silence.

I guess we had Hope to keep us company also. She was still only a small kitten so I had to feed her with a small bottle. Seven and I were too busy fawning over the cute creature to notice that Saeran was in the same room, sticking his tongue out in slight disgust at our expressions.

Speaking of Saeran...where is he?

I poked my head past the open door into his room, finding it empty. Was he out doing errands or something? I thought for a moment, not even hesitating to step inside. I looked around and saw only a silver laptop on the nightstand and one small frame sitting on the dresser next to a ticking mechanical clock. I picked it up and smiled when I saw a photo of a younger version of him and Saeyoung smiling happily at me, a beautiful blue sky painted behind them with tuffs of clouds.

I can't believe Saeran keeps a frame like this on his dresser. What a softie. Placing the frame back down, I mindlessly opened a drawer and rushed to close it when I saw his folded boxers.

Yeah...maybe it's best if I don't touch anything...

Ears hot, I ran out of his room and shut the door. There was nothing to see besides the neatly made bed and drawn curtains. I sighed out of boredom and decided to head to the living room to lie down on the couch and check the chat rooms to see if anyone was online.

"What were you doing in there?" A voice asked me out of nowhere. Panicking, I closed my eyes and turned around, bowing several times and apologizing profusely.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to just go into your room! I was bored and wondering why you weren't home. Please forgive me Saeran! I may have opened one of your drawers and—" I steeled myself to blink one eye open to see his face and abruptly stopped speaking.

It wasn't Saeran.

"S-Seven?" My voice wavered a little and I breathe out in relief that it wasn't Saeran in front of me. But the red-haired male stared back at me, taken aback.

"You were looking through his things?"

"WH-WHAT?! No I wasn't, I swear! I wasn't even thinking or paying attention when I did it." I admitted.

"There wasn't anything in there...right?"

I swallowed thickly, not really wanting to say anything. "...I may have opened his underwear drawer."

Seven continues to stare at me through his funky glasses. I expected him to burst out laughing at any moment and pointing at me, making fun of my accident and the look on my face. But he only drew a little closer and I felt uneasiness settle in my stomach.

Is he upset about this?

What is that expression he's wearing on his face? It's suddenly so serious...

Is he...? No, he can't be.

"Do you know where he is? Did he tell you anything before he went out?" I ask softly, quickly regretting it when I see Seven's eyes dim a bit.