Chapter 26: no more gotham

Damian fell in and out of a sleep through the night. He knew someone was beside him but he didn't take heed of it. The next morning he woke up to the sun beaming in the window at him. He looked beside him to see if Elena was still there but she was gone. "Elena?", Damian said slightly panicked and looked around the room until he met face with Grayson. "Bruce got her up this morning.",Grayson told him not looking up from his laptop. "What? Why?",Damian said still not fully awake. "Dude the eye doctor came to see her",Grayson answered him. "What time is it?",Damian said looking at his watch. " It's 9 in the morning",Grayson said looking at the clock on his computer. Damian rubbed his face. "Why are you here?",Damian said sitting up and grunting. "I was only here to update Bruce on the current Franklin situation but I got put on babysitting duty watching you while Bruce is gone with Elena and Alfred went home",Grayson said rolling his eyes. "I don't need babysitting",Damian glared at him. Grayson was to immersed in his work to care. Damian sat on the side of the bed putting the dots together."please don't tell me I slept here all night.",Damian said."you slept like a baby.",Grayson laughed. "Ugh I probably creeped her out.",he said putting his head in his hands. "Nah you guys looked cute",Grayson feeling bad for him. He looked at Damian he was tired and worned out and it didn't help that his hair was ruffled and he was still wearing yesterday's shirt and pants from the suit. "Damian go home",dick said concerned. "Yeah I will when you decide between koriander and Barbara",Damian hissed back at him. Dick went pale."okay dude that's not cool.",dick said pouting. "Look have a shower and come back",dick said leaving the hurtful topic."I'll even drive you",dick added."I'm not leaving her.",Damian voice boomed. Dick sunk back in his chair and sighed."I'll get Alfred to call over with clothes."

There was something wrong with Damian . He usually wasn't this snappy with dick. "Lil bro you okay?",dick said sheepishly. Damian sighed."this is my fault",he said turning to dick. Dick looked at him. "How in the hell is this your fault?",he questioned. "I was the one who was associated with Lola in the first place if I had just ignored her from the day we met..",Damian hesitated."Damian..if you hadn't met Lola and realised how much you hated her you wouldn't have ever bonded with Elena, you guys bonded over the hate you had for her",dick tried to reason with him. Damian looked down at the ground and sighed. There was an awkward silence. Dick was about to say something when a nurse knocked on the room door. Damian stood up quickly. " is this Elena smiths room?",the nurse said politely. "Yes it is",dick said standing up and smiling. "Her grandmother is here to take her home",she said ."grandmother?",Damian said looking at the nurse. "That's great",dick said nodding and smiling. An old lady walked in. She was thin and was wearing very expensive clothing and would have been pretty in her day. She looked quite confused when she saw the 2 boys in her granddaughters room and no granddaughter. Dick stood up and went over and shock her hand"hi I'm Richard and that's my brother Damian we are friends of Elena's.",he said giving her a friendly smile. She looked at Damian. He was looking at her and he looked away and looked back again and gulped. She smiled."I remember his face from the television.",she said to dick as she pointed at Damian. Dick laughed. ".That's him all right". "Well thank you for taking care of her you are very nice people",she nodded in gratitude. Just then Elena and Bruce walked in. "Grandma!",Elena ran to her arms.
Her grandmother grabbed her as if they hadn't seen each other in years.Damian smiled and wished he had that privilege with his grandfather. "Doc said she'll be fine apparently Lola caught her under the eye and left a small scar but she will be fine.",Bruce said with a sound of relief. Damian took a breath and as if all the tension went with it he looked over at Elena and she had stitches from the bottom of her eyelid to the beginning of her cheek. "Okay Ellie grab your stuff and we'll get going",her grandmother said rubbing Elena's hair out of her face. Elena nodded and grabbed her bag and started packing."now how much do I owe you mr.wayne?",Elena's grandmother said as she took out her wallet. Bruce shock his hands "nothing it's on me!",he said nodding at her."mr Wayne I can't please let me pay",she said feeling bad."I have 12billion dollars to my name this is the least I can do for Elena",Bruce said reassuring her. She smiled. "Thank you mr Wayne. You've acted like her father when he cannot and for that I am grateful."Bruce looked down at her. He was a little taken back from what she had said. Meanwhile Elena finished packing and she looked at Damian. He had rings under his eyes and he gave his trademark smile at her and she smiled back. "You shouldn't have stayed last night...you look like death. "Damian laughed. He knew what death was like and he was pretty sure he wasn't near death."I'll be fine Elena",Damian said shoving his hands into his pockets. Bruce ,dick and Elena's grandmother left the room as Bruce was explaining what had happened. "You sure you okay?",Elena said. She felt bad. Damian shock his head."seriously I'm fine I'm the one who should be asking you"there was an awkward silence between them until Elena had finished packing. As they were walking out Elena's grandmother said how she couldn't wait to show her all the nice things in central city.Damian looked confused"central city?",he said. "Elena will stay with me for the rest of the summer.", her grandmother said excitingly. Elena looked shocked by this new information but said nothing. "All summer?buts it's only June that's like another 2 months!",Damian said a little upset. "Damain ", Bruce said as he pinched Damian's shoulder. Damian crossed his arm and pouted. He hadn't forgotten the entire media were waiting for interviews with the "teen prodigies"that disappeared after one was attacked by the other competitor. He was going to have to do all the interviews by himself and he wanted Elena to do them as well.Dicks eyes widen as he looked at his phone and he tapped Bruce's shoulder. "Look at this" he said showing Bruce his phone. It was the video of Damian and Elena playing from last night."look how many views",dick said. 5 million views in the last 15 hours. Bruce looked at Damian talking to Elena and he smiled."don't tell them",Bruce said.
Next thing Damian knew he was watching as Elena grandmother drove away. Then he wondered. What happened to Lola?