Chapter 14 Im Sorry

[Jaime]

"Stupid Mike. Making me go get stupid food. Just because I'm not asleep doesn't mean I don't want to be"

With my hands filled with shopping I stomped ahead letting the girls talk in peace.

They seemed happy to be out. Why couldn't they go on there own.

"No," I let my mind speak aloud. No I had to be there to protect them because girls obviously can't look after themselves. Sexist I say! They can throw a punch as good as any man. Fuck, I say they'd do it better!

I continued to speed my way down the sidewalk. I turned into the alleyway that lead to Vic's. Soon I could get back inside and sleep. Thank fuck for sleep. And then I'd get food.

The thought of it made my mouth water. I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

My pace quickened as the house came into sight.

I'm tired, grumpy and hungry. This food better be quick.

As I approached the drive I head a scream.

That sounded like Jenna!?

Suddenly, I forgot about my hunger. I dropped the bags and ran towards the alleyway.

"Jaime!? Where are you going?!" Vic called from the now open front door

I ignored him. No time to explain. The world sped past me by but not quick enough.

I heard an engine start as I turned into the alley.

I old car pulled away and sped down the road.

Running at full speed, I chased after it but soon my legs failed beneath me. Collapsing on the road in a wheezing mess I watched it turn onto the road getting a glimpse at the driver.

No. Not him!

Yelling at the top of my lungs I called out into the night!

You should have been there. You should have been with them. This all happened because your to selfish to think about others!

"No!" I cried out "fuck no! I'm sorry" my face buried into my hands "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault"

Foot steps approached me. A hand rested on my back while a soothing voice spoke in my ear.

"It's okay. No it wasn't." It was Vic "The foods still usable, it's all in packets"

"No Vic" I looked at him through cloudy eyes "there gone"

He stared at me confused. "What are you talking about?"

I explained everything to him. From walking ahead to chasing after the car. His face fell with shock and fear but his voice was strangely calm "did you see the driver or number plate?"

I nodded weakly "it was that guy from tour. Those two dicks that attacked them."

Pure fear took over his features "shit"

------

[Jenna]

My eyes opened. I saw nothing but moving light.

I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I tried to talk but my mouth remained shut with tape. I felt weak. I felt detached from my body.

What's going on.

I could feel a body pressed against my back as I lay there helpless. I knew it way Tay. It could be no one else.

Conjuring all my strength together, I managed to turn my head so I looked up. I saw a pane of glass separating me from the lights flying past above.

It took a while for me to work out I was in a car boot.

For ages I looked up at the passing street lights. They were hypnotic. Causing the boot to fade from light to dark and back to light in seconds. A repetitive rhythm if light and dark.

Over time the feeling come back into my hands. I could move them around slightly despite the tight rope that bound them behind me.

I felt for Tay. To find any part of her to show she she's alive. My fingers met hers. They lay still and lifeless but warmth spread through them. She was alive. Thank god!

A figure blocked the view of the street lights. A man leant over the back seat with something in his hand. He lowered in closer to me until I could feel a cold needle against my skin. A sharp pinch stung into my neck and sent icy shivers down my spine.

The figure went away leaving the tights to grow blurry and faded. My vision darkened until- black

----

[Tay]

Cold concrete slammed against my side. I could see nothing in the thick darkness but voices echoed around the room.

"Throw her with the rest. We'll leave 'em 'ere for the night"

A thud came from next to me then the voices went away into the distance. Being silenced my the sound of a heavy door slamming shut.

Where are we?

Dirt lingered in the air. So thick I could taste it.

A strong stench of damp filled my nose with every breath.

Unable to move, I lay there listening to my surroundings.

Liquid dripping from the ceiling, creaking of old walls and metal kilnking together.

This is it then. This is how I'm going to die. In a abandoned wear house somewhere near San Diego. I'll never see anyone again. My band, my family, my friends, Jenna. Will she die with me, here in this dark building?