53.0 Candela_Chapter 15: Check

You built a castle...

"Why is the Hero traveling with the Demon Lord?"

Piece...

My mind went blank.

By piece...

Lily staggered back. "What do you mean..."

"He hasn't told you, has he? No wait, he said it in front of you just a few moments ago," said the Goddess, thinking with a hand under her chin. "Ah, I get it. Did he tell you he was only pretending to be the Demon Lord?"

She chuckled. "Silly girl..."

Now watch it...

"No, don't listen to her Lily!" I shouted frantically. "She's lying. I –"

"Was only pretending to be your friend. Isn't that right?" she interjected. "Let me see, now why didn't you kill her as soon as you met her?"

crumble...

"Damn it, shut up!" I cried, both at her and the voice in my head. I fired a Diamond Cannon at her in frustration.

"Oh," she said, deflecting my attack effortlessly. "He's been using different kinds of magic too. Didn't you know only the Demon Lord and the Hero can use more than one kind of magic? Barring some very rare cases of course."

With the sand...

Lily wasn't looking at me but her body was trembling.

"Anyways, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted. If he didn't kill you immediately, he was probably going to use you at some point. Oh right, you came looking for me didn't you?"

Beware the raging seas...

"No, don't listen to her bullshit," I pleaded, to her and the voice.

"You wanted her to get strong enough to do something for you, right? Maybe help you take back your kingdom?" She chuckled. "Fattening you up like a little pig before leading you to the slaughterhouse."

That will consume...

"Damn it, shut up!"

"Oh but it's true isn't it. All of it." The Goddess smiled smugly in the air.

All your hopes and dreams...

"No! No it isn't!" I shouted, desperately. "Lily, listen to me." I turned to her and grabbed her shoulders. Her hair fell over her face, hiding it from view.

"I'm your friend, Lily. It's me, Runir. You know I wouldn't lie to you." I shook her, trying to get a reaction. "Come on Lily. Don't believe that bullshit. Trust me, please!"

I glanced at the others, all of whom were standing still. Why weren't they helping? Everything was falling apart and all they could do was stare like idiots? Amy was biting her lips, Kai had closed his eyes and Zoe was holding her breath. Saar had already stepped back silently.

"Look, she's trying to trick us. The only reason this is working is because you believe her. All you need to do is trust me," I said, calmly. "Think! If I was the Demon Lord, why wouldn't I attack you right away and get rid of you immediately? Wouldn't I feel the same way you're feeling right now? Instead, here I am putting myself in arm's reach trying to get through to you through that thick skull of yours!"

"But you are the Demon Lord," chimed the Goddess innocently. "I've already told you how he managed to do it, little girl. He fought his instincts by convincing himself that you were a pawn. A piece he could use to achieve his goals and then discard you as soon as he could." She sneered. "He was going to throw you away as soon as he used you to clean up his shit."