Chapter Thirty-Five: Jack

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Monday, November 6th
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"Jesus Christ.." I grumbled as I tried to find something that would make it look like my neck wasn't covered in hickeys. Mark was laughing as he watched me try on several different shirts. I don't know how, but for some reason it was ten times more noticeable on me than Mark.

Eventually I just threw on a sweatshirt and decided I would have to go with it. My mother laughed when she saw my neck and when she insisted, I showed her my almost worse collar.

She thought it was funny, to say the least.

Walking into school, I tried to avoid other people, I already felt embarrassed. Mark thought it was really funny though.

I was standing at my locker between one of my classes, alone when I heard someone laughing. I turned my head to see David standing in front of me.

"What happened to a pretty little princess like you?" He asked with a laugh. He pulled on the collar of my shirt and laughed a little more when he saw the rest of me "My oh my, has Jack been getting a little frisky?"

"What do you want, David?" I asked coldly.

He looked around. "Oh you'll see, you'll see soon enough." I took a step away from him as he bid himself farewell and continued down to my English class.

"Jack? What's the matter?" Mark asked me. "You look like you saw a ghost." I shook my head and then a few minutes later we were called to do our little skit for the class. I was going to have to kill Danny and Arin and honestly did not feel bad at all.

Mark was narrating the story and he actually did an excellent job at it, his intonation was right all the time and I was trying to remember the fact that I was supposed to be acting and not listening to Mark.

I hope Mark would be willing to tell me a story like that..

Oh my god Jack, focus.

"So it was you two who dared to steal my beloved from me, only to have her perish in the end?" I snarled at Danny and Arin, I hated acting but at least I was decent at it.

"That was never our intention, dear sir," Danny said. "But yes, the lass is dead and soon you will be as well."

"Ignorant fool, I will vanquish you from this planet!" I shouted and in a lame but well done looking series of about three attacks, I killed Danny and then killed Arin with a second strike.

"You should know not to cross a stranger." I said to Arin as I leaned down in his face.

"You should learn to bite your tongue before you have won." Arin coughed and used his fake weapon to stab me in the stomach and I fell over dramatically. We laid on the floor until Mark had finished up his last narration before standing up.

The teacher was laughing a little bit, she thought it was funny and I was sure we would get at least a 'B' on it. I sat down next to Mark and could feel him laughing a little bit, I'm sure he found it fun but my head kept drifting to what David had said to be in the hallway, he is planning something and knowing that alone made me uncomfortable.

"Come on Jack," Mark kicked the leg of the chair I was sitting on and jogged me back to reality. Arin stopped in front of me and shot me a smile as I stood up.

"It was really nice to work with you, Jack. Hope you hate us a little less now." Arin smiled and bid us farewell as he left the room.

Later that day, I was sitting at the drum set, thinking about how playing drums is kind of like whack-a-moles. I tapped on one and then another, bonus points on the symbol! It was ridiculous, super ridiculous, but I enjoyed myself nonetheless.