Chapter 18

Marinette stood near the food table, watching everyone enjoy themselves. She took a sip of her punch as she saw Alya glide across the dancefloor with her partner who calls himself The Bubbler because of his huge bubble sword.

She managed to figure out a few people. Ivan and Mylene went as Sherk and Fiona. Max went as some nerdy character he made up. Chloé went as Elsa.

(Such a shame.😞)

And Sabrina went as Olaf. She couldn't figure out the rest but she would careless who they were.

"Hey, there. Enjoying the punch." She turned around and saw the same cat boy she had bumped into. She coughed and gulped down her drink. "Kinda."

The boy simply shrugged at her response. "So, your not gonna have fun or anything. You know, while the night's still young?" He asked. Marinette gave a careless shrugged.

"If something comes up maybe. But right now, nothing's worth my time." She said.

The boy looked at her with amusement. "Than why bother coming?"

"I was forced too." She lied.

"Okay..." Than the two remained in an awkward silence. They only thing they could hear was the music beating. Than the once loud and noisy song turned into a slow and calm song. A perfect song for slow dancing.

It took Marinette some time to notice that almost everyone had a partner except her and the boy beside her.

"What's going on?" She asked him as he scratched his head.

"Yeah, when I said the 'night is still young'. I might have exaggerated a bit. This is the last song of the night before the clock strikes 12, and at the end of it, everyone will reveal the identities." He spoke. Marinette looked at him in disbelief as he bent down and reached his gloved hand toward her.

"So if I may have this dance m'lady?" He asked gently.

Marinette smiled softly and took his hand. "Yes, you may." He stood up with ear to ear grin and led her to the dancefloor. They stopped for a brief moment as the gazed in each others eyes.

The boy than put one arm around her waist and held the other towards her to take. She giggled silently and place her hand in his and the other on his shoulder. They began to dance to the slow beat of the song. They were locked in each other gaze.

Everything around them felt like a dream. It's as though, if they open their eyes, everything would disappear. It's like those dreams you never wanted to wake up from. Where everything in your world is just perfect and no one can ruin it. But in this situation the music could. They both reluctantly pulled away and broke their gaze as everyone began counting down like it was some kind of new year party.

"5, 4," they both muttered as they looked at each other and reached for their masks.

"3, 2..." They began to pulled them off.

"1!!" Everyone shouted and threw their masks in the air. Marinette had fully taken off her mask and so did the boy she had danced with.

"Holy shit." She mumbled in disbelief as the boys surprised expression turned into a cheeky one.

"Wow, Marinette. Who knew a clumsy klutz like you would be such a graceful dancer." He teased.

"Wow, Adrien. Who knew an asshole like you could be such a nice guy. Too bad that didn't last long." Marinette retorted in sarcasm.

"Well.. Wait! Marinette!" He shouted after the girl who was stomping off.

"Cut the crap! I don't have time for your bullshit!" She shouted through the crowd.

"Marinette!" Adrien yelled as he ran after her. Marinette was already outside. She had already stopped a taxi and got in.

"Marinette!" Adrien called. But she had already shut the door and the taxi drove off.

"Well, someone's having their period. Huh? Adrien! You stupid! Why didn't you just-!!! Ugh! FML." He spoke in defeat and walked into the hotel.

Truth to be told. The blonde had something special planned for the bluenette. But it didn't work. Oh, well. There's always a next time.

---
A FUCKING PLOT TWIST HERE! IT'S HALLOWEEN IN NOVEMBER! XD

-Edited 2K18-