Epilogue

Waking up with a hangover on the day of Christmas, Taehyung took a mental note to never do it again because of how badly it felt, his head is heavy, and his nose felt like something is stuffed inside, making it difficult for him to breathe, it's suffocating, but what could he do anyway, nothing to be exact. Although drinking the night away before Christmas was good a good option afterall, in a way, instead of spending the eve alone on his not-full house, that would be so boring and really, lonely. Except his life was already boring through all the years that's passed, and he thought he wouldn't ever get used to this.

He heard the shower turned off, it's been almost half an hour since he woke up but never decided to open his eyes, just listening to the stream of water running down to hit his tiled floor, he could hear faint music, someone was singing, and it's like a lullaby that could almost lull him to sleep, then he heard the door being unlocked, and tried his best to pretend asleep again. Usually, he'd just let his one night stands leave just that, but this one is different, and he couldn't find himself to let this go this time.

"You're leaving?" he sat right up, promptly making the other jump in surprise, the other turned around and did a single nod, not daring to meet Taehyungs gaze. He wore a thin sweater, not very much appropriate for a winter wear, Taehyung noticed, and it's very unpleasing that he had to share a wonderful sight of displayed hickeys on his neck with the people in public.

"Wait" he stood up with his boxers on, opening his drawers to find a scarf, it wouldn't be nice for him to let someone as fragile as him freezing outside the cold, he went nearer, it's clearly so close but there was distance while he wrapped the thick fabric around his neck, and Taehyung just had to maintain himself that time.

~~

The second time, when Taehyung finally decided to go outside of his roof, was a week after Christmas, his birthday passed, and he was glad he got greetings from his aging parents who's on the states, Jimin and Yoongi who's already living from a far away land, and his two sons who left him too to go with Hoseok, while Jin, Namjoon and his children, they never contacted him ever since. Everyone seems to be happy leaving, and he thought if he too was happy when he did.

It was still cold but not too cold, and walking down the streets seems so refreshing he couldn't remember the last time he did this, he was always at work and go straight at home, he started to think about selling the company, but he thought, if he didn't need the money, there are probably more than hundreds there who do, so he do charities now, donating to every centers for childrens and the poor.

When he entered the coffee shop, the smell of coffee and brew lingers around, a sweet aroma that never did brought him to distace, a man on his thirties ordering coffee alone doesn't seem to need a date to find, but when he saw him again, who was around his age, the same person he brought to his home on Christmas eve, when he went in front of his table, it all felt exactly like the first time.

"Hey" he doesn't need further introduction, or does the other, when he sat in front of him, he would always, always take time to examine, the porcelain guy had his hands around his mug, so delicately and empty, while his, he still wore the golden band, and Taehyung couldn't find himself to stay any longer that time, so he left.

~~

The third time around, was at the forest, and it was so unexpected, after years they finally crossed time while visiting here, he was crying and Taehyung knows, that the memories doesn't just flow away with ashes, but it's already burried deep inside the hearts of the two living, he was so precious when he held him like this, how he fell asleep on his shoulders that night, when he got tired wondering how many stars does he have to count to be one of them, he took him home that night and hugged him so dearly, because tomorrow he knows it'll all be gone once he woke up in this beautiful nightmare.