Because you Believe

"H-how?" I couldn't manage to finish my sentence. I am completely bewildered. I don't know what kind of tricks Alex is pulling on me but as soon as I get my hands on him...

"Because you believe," Jack floats towards me, bringing a gust of cold air with him. I don't move a muscle. Jack notices how stiff I am and hovers back with worry in his blue, sparkling eyes.

After processing what I just saw, my lips curve into a grin, "This is unbelievable!" I surprise myself from my outburst and I cover my mouth with my hands.

Jack seemed shocked for a moment because of my word choice, oops, but he chuckles. "Prove it," I say putting my hands on my hips.

"Is floating not enough for you?" Jack raises an eyebrow at me and I roll my eyes,"I've seen cheap magicians before."

Jack stops floating and walks towards me, almost pinning me against the wall and smirks," Can a cheap magician do this?"

He puts his hand just above my shoulder and touches the wall. I turn my head to where his hand is and find beautiful ice patterns on the wall expanding from where he touched.

I look back up to him, he is about 4 inches taller than me, "Okay I believe you, now back up."

Jack chuckles ever so softly making my knees buckle and when I realize how close we are, I blush.

What am I doing? Stop it, I think to myself.

"Ahem," Alex clear his throat. I look at Jack, who is now a good distance away from me, trying to hide his red tinted cheeks.

•••••••

It's been a week since my first encounter with Jack Frost, and my major obsession came back... and it hit max... Again.

I couldn't stop myself from doodling him since I've seen the details up close. The sharpness of his jawbone, the gentle slope of his nose, the way his lips are shaped and-

"Umm... who's that?" I am snapped out of my thoughts jump a little, hitting my knee on the table. I turn to see Zach.

"Haven't you... Oww... heard of knocking?" I say in a pained voice. "But I'm like family!" He pouts like a little kid and hugs me from behind.

"Watch it big boy, I might burn your adoption papers!" I tease, he IS like family to me. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember.

"I thought you were over that Frost boy," he said, sitting on my bed. "Can't I fangirl?" I use gestures to add emphasis, I habit I get from my mom.

"Aren't you too old for that?" he crosses his arms.

"Am not"

"Are too"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Shut up!"

That didn't come from my mouth and certainly not from Zach's.

We turn towards the door and find Alex impatiently tapping his foot. "Sis, I need to talk to you."

Despite his rudeness, excitement fills me when I think about Jack waiting for me in Alex's room.

"Alright, I'll be right back" I turn to Zach and say in all seriousness, "and don't mess with my drawings." Zach has a bad habit of tweaking my drawings, it doesn't help that we shared the same art skills.

I run inside Alex's room, but only to find a different person...

•••••••

Another cliffhanger! >:)

Sorry to do this to you guys,

Stayed tuned!

~Sebrina