Chapter Thirty Seven

-----------------

Dedication: Strawberry_Delight for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

Finally, sound came back to me. My breathing was heavy and my heart beat was drumming inside my ears. I could hear groaning, coming from Chase and the other person I hit. I blinked, the world slowly coming back into to focus.

Round eyes stared at me. People had backed away, some having actually ran from the classroom.

I felt the colour drain from my face as I laid at the person who was clutching their face on the ground.

I just punched a teacher.

-----------------

I expected it. I prepared myself for this result.

However, it doesn't mean that it wasn't still a shock to see my principal's mouth curve, forming the word 'expelled' as he sent me a pointed stare filled with disappointment.

Dad let out a long sigh, before rubbing his face wearily. I bit my lip, before casting my eyes down to my lap. I was ashamed of myself on so many levels. I acted completely ridiculous. It was one thing to assault my ex-boyfriend's twin brother, but a teacher? That's just crazy.

"I understand," I mumbled as I vaguely listened to the principal's lecture of reasoning behind his decision.

Of course I was expelled. You can't just assault a teacher and then not expect severe punishment.

"Due to your clear criminal record, your age and the fact the Mr McLoud isn't pressing charges, there will be no criminal record attached to your name. However, as it was an assault, this cannot be taken lightly. You will serve 100 hours of community service, take a compulsory Anger Management course, participate in minimum of one counselling sessions per week and have the option of giving a hand-written or verbal apology to Mr McLoud."

"Yes sir," I replied curtly, despite the fact that I had to attend counselling made my stomach churn.

"With that being said, I think we're done here," he dismissed, pursing his lips slightly.

I gave him a slight nod, before peeling myself from the awkward feeling chair that was perched in front of his desk. As I was walking out, I heard dad apologise for my behaviour. Rolling my eyes, I let the door bang shut behind me.

"Hey!" I heard dad call after I made it outside. "Hey, slow down!"

Ignoring him, I continued stalking towards his Ute, a look of death etched onto my face. One, idiotic and completely stupid move on behalf of myself, has cost me my entire future. My plans of going to university based on early acceptance, aka teacher recommendation, is screwed.

One wrong move and now my future is crumbling around me.

"Faith," dad hissed, his fingers latching onto my wrist. He effectively tugged me so that my feet came to a halt. "Stop."

My chest was heaving and my eyes were burning with hot tears. I let out a shaky breath and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Expelled," he said slowly. "My only child, expelled from high school."

I couldn't reply, my throat felt sticky and thick. I knew if I opened my mouth, I would break.

"What the hell are you going to do now, Faith? No university will accept you-"

"Don't you think I fucking know that?" I snapped, whirling around to face him.

That was it. The trigger. Tears began pouring down my face as I stared up at my very disappointed father.