Bathroom Mess

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧(Even if you don't celebrate it!)

This one-shot is takes place sometime after In the Eye of the Storm. Also even though the British don't celebrate Thanksgiving like the Americans, let's pretend that they do celebrate this holiday. 

ENJOY!!

  ★ ★★★★ 

Lilly Linton

The smell of the turkey and pumpkin wafted throughout the house. I stopped stirring the mashed potatoes, and I breathed in the heavenly scent. However, it was not for long. A burnt smell started to make way into my nose, overpowering the turkey and pumpkin.

"Lillian Linton! Pay attention to the stove!" Aunt Bank scolded from another room.

I glanced down to the pot, seeing black creep up the sides of the mash potatoes. Do mash potatoes even have sides?

"Whoops," sheepishly laughing as I went to scrape out the burnt potatoes and save the non burnt parts.

As the trashcan was outside, I rushed to open the door and ran. Only to crash into a wall. Huh? When was there a wall here?

"Mr. Linton," the wall said, "stop wasting your time here and clean up this up."

The wall spoke! Wait- Mr.Linton? There is only one person- no, only one stupid miser with sea-colored eyes that draw you in and - stop! You are such an idiot, Lilly!

"Mr. Linton, I said to stop wasting time and clean up this mess."

I looked up, but not expecting the view, I was startled and slipped. The pot in my hands went flying, splattering even more mashed potatoes over the place. I fell backwards and was going to hit the doorstep- until a pair of strong arms caught me and helped me up.

Lilly, what are you doing? My inner voice yelled. You are a feminist. One who wants women to have rights to vote and work. What are you doing letting this chauvinistic bastard help you!?

I bite my lip, trying not to laugh at this sight in front of me- a certain Mr. Ambrose covered in mashed potatoes from head in toe. He glanced at my lips before sending an icy glare over at me.

"Lilly, what is taking you so long!" Aunt Brank scolded me once more, as she walked through the doorway. Noticing Mr. Ambrose, she slowly smiled, "Oh, who is this man? Lilly, you should introduce him to us."

"He's nobody important," I responded quickly, trying to turn him around and push him to make him leave, but it was to no avail.

"Nonsense.Look at him. He needs to clean up the mess that you made," Aunt Brank said, clearly wanting him to marry me off, and she gave me the look, "Why don't you invite him in?"

"Ugh. If you insist, Aunt Brank," I reluctantly groaned, so wanting to defy her. Gesturing to the door, I said to Mr. Ambrose, "Come on in."

After he briskly walked into my house, I picked up the pot, now empty except the few chunks of burnt mashed potatoes stuck on the side, and followed him inside.

My aunt ushered him into the bathroom as my sisters congregated around me.

"Who is that man?" asked Maria. Without letting me answer, Anne demanded, "Married or single?" They went on a barrage of questions before finally Aunt Brank called out to me, finally bringing me out of misery. Hmm, never thought she would help me in a way that doesn't involve marrying me off. Not that that is helping me out.