S1E6: Back II Black Pt. 2

Paramore --->

S1E6: Back II Black Pt. 2

'When somebody tells you they love you are gonna believe them...'

- T. swift 'fifteen'

-

The sound of a machine beeping woke me up and I turned to the side as a hand brushed my hair from my face.

Expecting it to be Bay or one of my family members, I tried to seem like I wasn't in pain but something fell into the bottom of my stomach. I don't know if it was a cement block or a boulder rock but it hurt like hell as I realized who the hell was touching me.

"Why are you here?", My eyes shut again as the fear from a year ago filled my senses.

He touched me on the face before pushing back my hair and trailed his hand down to my cleavage.

"When you get admitted to the hospital I have to be a supportive 'friend', right?", he ignored my soft whimpers as he got closer and closer to the bullet wound he left a year ago. "I have to check up on you when things like this happen..... I should have never let you leave Miami with that Alex kid. Look at you now," his hand moved away and his lips pressed against my chin at the last moment when I turned away.

The door opened and Bayleigh came into view. She had been chatting with him until she saw the way I looked.

"I have to speak with my patient alone, sir. So if you don't mind...."

A small second of silence passed before he touched my hand and stood to leave promising he would come back.

After he left, I covered my face with my hands not wanting to let out the screams of frustration I felt knowing it would alert not only Bay to my emotional and mental upset but let her into how deep this thing between him and I was. She checked my vitals and worked around me until finally she removed her stethoscope and put down her pen and clipboard. Her eyes watched me.

"Stasi.... Open up, sweetie. I got to know what's making you upset. It's my duty professionally and as your best friend," the tone she took was soft but I could tell how badly she wanted to help me. Roughing me up would definitely make me shut down but this was Bay. My best friend since kindergarten. She is my sister from another mister. So I could expect her to want to understand what was going on.

I took a deep breath.

Held it.

Then released.

"His name is....", I looked up to the ceiling and counted backwards from 10. "His name is Jason Thyme. I met him in my senior year of college. He was a tutor that I worked with when I did my charity work for underprivileged kids at the Boys & Girls club. I....", Bay encouraged another deep breath out of me. "I wanted to be friends because he was so shy and closed off but one thing led to another and he became this obsessive stalker. Alex warned me to stay away but I just thought he had never had a friend and truly needed someone to stick up for him....."

"One night there was a masquerade costume mixer at a Frat house. I was dressed like Jessica Rabbit but with a mask on my face. Alex came with me to the party and I even invited him to come hang with us. He declined. I insisted. He promised me he'd come for five minutes. I thought I could convince him to stay once he got there."