18. Confusion

Spencer was busy writing something as his best friend Sean came in. 

"Hey mate. What'cha up to?" He said, miming a basketball toss and successfully discarding a crumpled up piece of parchment into the trash bin. "Score!" Spencer laughed but answered with a simple,

"Oh just a letter."

"'Kay..." Sean said, remembering Spencer's horrible penmanship, "Uhhhh do you want to dictate?" Spencer gave him with a hard look. "I'll take that as a no."

"Heck no." Spencer replied.

"Kay." Sean said again, "Hey I'm gonna grab some dinner want to come?"

"Nah I just ate. See ya man."

"Bye." Sean said. He left the dormitory. Spencer admired his handiwork as he put his quill down, and re-read the letter to himself.

Ellie-

So sorry, but I couldn't find my broomstick for quidditch practice the other day, so I borrowed yours... I found it in the supply closet and thought you wouldn't mind. Thanks and sorry again.

<3 Sirius

Spencer felt slightly guilty when thinking of what he had to do to save his relationship, but he attached the letter to Delta's leg anyway and sent her on her way.

******************

Meanwhile, when Ellie got back up to the dormitory after a hearty dinner of Shepard's pie and a friendly debate about Puddlemere United with Sirius, she shook off her high tops and looked out the window, noticing Delta for the first time.

"Have you got some mail for me then?" Ellie asked, strolling over to the window and opening it up. She took the letter carefully from Delta, who ruffled her feather importantly, gave Ellie a nip of affection, and flew away. She read over it and laughed. Next time she saw Sirius, she would tell him that it was alright and that he could borrow her broom anytime he wanted to.

Sirius finished his dinner and decided it would be a good idea to go up and just check to see if Ellie had read the letter. Five flights of steps later, for he had taken a wrong turn and found himself in the third floor corridor, he found himself at the portrait of the Fat Lady. After muttering the password, Flibberty-gibbit, he strutted inside, trying to look like he had nowhere to be. Ellie noticed him, laughed to herself, then walked over. Sirius' heart started to race. This conversation could determine the future of their entire relationship, friend or otherwise.

Ellie walked over purposely, laughter written all over her face.

"Hey." Sirius said, "So did you get my note?"

"Yeah- and it's fine. It doesn't really matter to me, I forgive you." Sirius blinked down at her in mild surprise. He wasn't expecting her to jump into his arms and declare herself his girlfriend, but he was expecting something a little less nonchalant.

"Cool- ok then." He replied, not showing the confusion he felt.

"Well, I'm off to bed, got some light reading to do." Ellie said, innocent to the change that had overcome Sirius.

"Ok," Sirius said again, a sheet masking his inner thoughts- begging him to stop bottling his feelings for Ellie up. But, he thought to himself, she's obviously over it. I need to let her go.

"See ya then!" She said brightly, walking up to the girls dormitory, her right hand clutching a thin book, her left tucking back a strand of blond hair. He sighed and flopped next to Remus and James on the sofa.

"What'd you do this time mate?" James questioned, feigning anxiousness and biting his nails dramatically. "Is this going to upset the balance for our friend group relationship?" He smiled sardonically.

"Shut up." Sirius said, although the remarks had returned a grin to his face, "Nah I just told her about Sasha and that I wanted her to be happy... but she was kinda like," he performed a cruel imitation of Ellie, "Whatever. It doesn't matter to me." He instantly felt guilty but did not show it. He was Sirius Black, suave ladies man and bad boy. He could have any girl he wanted, have anyone, so why was this one girl driving him so nuts?

---------------------------

SO sorry for not updating- I can update more regularly now, please vote, follow, and comment!