Chapter 42

Carmen POV

My head is spinning. For once, I'm not drunk. For once, I'm just dizzy because of two guys. Two, idiotic, jealous guys. My heart sinks. Since when did I fall in love with a jealous asshole named Lawrence, and an abandoner from District 12? 

The only thing I can do now is to consider their flaws and strengths. To choose the better one; The one who swooped me of my feet. My "Prince Charming". I can't do that. Nor can any girl in the world.

My bed lays there, abandoned. Might as well put it to good use. I lay there, just staring into space. I know I should be thinking of other things, like if Crystal is still alive. Or if Clarissa's okay. But all I have occupying my mind are the images of these two boys.

Lawrence. Lawrence. His blue eyes with that blonde, silky, soft hair. That smirk when he's right. That little smile. And that comforting voice. Not to mention how much he actually cares. My first meeting with him. He.. Did he just fall for me just that easily?

My mind travels to his lips. His lips. He kissed me once. Once in my life. How did I fall in love with a guy who had taunted me. Who had kissed me when I was at my lowest. Who was next to me when I cried over the Games. He.. He was there for me.

Lance. Orville. His name sounds better in District 13. I wonder how he got this name. I can still remember  him in District 12. Snow. That's what connected us. We kissed like at least a billion times. I was only 13. He, well a year older. We had tens of thousands of picnics. And I had cried over his 'death'. Doesn't that mean I loved him.

He has the most beautiful of grey, seam eyes that glisten in the night when we used to see stars. We would snack on strawberries. My favourite fruit in the world. But at that time, he was my world. His hair, dark like the night sky that we used to watch on top of the victor's house. He used to call me "Star". I was his.

His lips had travelled to mine on countless of occasions. No matter how long we dated, he never explained one thing.  Why he had fallen in love with me.

I have too many memories. He loved me. And he still does.

"Wouldn't you say that the stars are like us?" He used to say.

"How, babe?"

"No matter how far we are, we will always find each other. You just need to see it in a different perspective." 

I can't. Lawrence or Lance, they are both my soul-mates. They both deserve people who love them. They shouldn't fight for me. I don't deserve them. Two, beautiful, almost perfect, guys who loves in different ways. Who could be actually happy and not fight for this idiot who just knows how to shoot an arrow with accuracy.

A knock. The door opens and I see Lance. He has the most seductive smirk in the world.

"Babe, congrats! Now, you're ridded of that son of a bitch." He says.

"Well, I-" I start when lips crash into mine. My lips just naturally do blend with this scenario. We kiss and it seems like forever before we break. I can't explain it but it's so... different. The feeling that he brings to a kiss is unimaginable. I feel 4 years younger. When he was my boyfriend. He wraps his arms around my back and pushes my body nearer to him. He kisses me on my forehead. Then, once on my neck. Ear. And finally, he presses his lips to my nose. 

My lips have somehow gotten numb. I lunge for his lips. We kiss. Somehow, I feel different. Very different. It's not like Lawrence. Steady with the softest of lips. This is more, intriguing. He brings this unpredictability to each kiss that I enjoy. Slightly.

We break off. I stare into his charming eyes and he says,

"I had to do that. At least you know that I still love you. You can choose. I love you." 

"I love you too. But I might not be able to choose now." I say, kissing him on the nose. His facial features aren't so obvious but his nose stands out.

He looks up at my eyes, staring at them. He nods in consent and decides to leave.

"I love you." He says just as he leaves the room.

I don't answer. Because I know what's coming.

I can't do this anymore. Lawrence. Lance. I love them. And now, they want me to choose. Lawrence or Lance? Lawrence or Lance?

"Oh, and Star, we'll be landing soon." He continues. The door closes. 

Boredom overtakes me. One second passes. Two. Three. My eyes flicker to my compartment. Ugly, horrible colours. The only "luxury" I have is this piece of shit of a television. What should be a smooth, slick, good quality television has become a wasteland in itself. Sound quality sucks. You can only see images unless sound is allowed by Paylor. The television sits there, with only two channels. The CCTV recordings and an announcement channel that was only used for emergencies. 

My earpiece screeches with static. Someone screeches commands. I'm about to kill them.

Defiance overwhelms my soul. I throw off the earpiece. It hits the television remote control next to me. The scene hits me with lights. It's the CCTV one. My eyes just scan through it. However, only one thing catches my eye...

~~~~~~~

~~~~2 MINUTES AFTER LEAVING CARMEN'S COMPARTMENT~~~~

Lance POV

I walk back to my compartment, feeling so happy inside of me. My gut feeling is a happiness that I can never explain. Finally, I'm at the same playing field as Lawrence Reke. This guy was my soul enemy since I was here. He.. he just was an asshole. He used to be an instructor for knife-throwing. I sucked at knife-throwing and he used to call me a useless asshole.

Now, he's acting all jealous that I was his "girlfriend's" boyfriend. Actually more like ex-girlfriend. She had dumped him. Jealousy kills relationships. Can't he realize that? 

His facial features do stand out. A sharp face shape. His blue eyes. Those blue eyes that are so revolting to glance at. His horrible, horrible smirk that he possesses when he's right. His disgusting cheekbones. And worst of all, his crazy height of 6"5.

Just then, a hand goes to my back. I turn and there is the devil of the hovercraft. Lawrence.

~~~~~

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask with a harsh tone. He glances at me with the feistiest of eyes and says with a threatening voice.

"Back.Off."

"Why should I, asshole. You win. You win in everything. Now, finally, I'm on the same footing as you. She was mine. She broke up with you. You shouldn't even be warning me. I should warn you." I taunt back.

"You don't know what god damn things and qualities she has." He threatens at the back of the back.

"I've been with her for two years. Asshole, you think I don't know her?" I reply, stifling a laugh.

"Stay away then." He replies with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, you think I'm going to let you off just like that, huh. Well, no." I shoot back. That horrendous, disgusting smirk. It disgusts me.

I pick up my earpiece. It is controlled by Paylor, but I managed to be able to hack the system so I can talk to who I want to. 

"Carmen." I say silently into it. It transmits over and Lawrence tries to snatch it away from me. I place a hand to muffle over the shouts and it sends screeches down the hallway.

The earpiece drops. And Lawrence kicks me in the abdomen.

"What the fuck do you want with her?" 

"Nothing. Me. You. I'll win. You will lose." 

Just then, someone slaps Lawrence on the face....

~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY... SO IM GG TO LEAVE Y'ALL HANGING. CHILL?

#CARENCE OR #CANCE?

DONT FORGET TO VOTEEEEE :P

~carcarlolz