Seventeen.

"Do you think dark red, or mint?" I held up two colors on a card for paint. Brooklyn and I were at the store to pick up, obviously paint, and decor.

"Dark red by far." He replied while tapping away on his phone. My eyes rolled back as I walked away with the dark red card and cart. As I was walking away, my eyes caught a matte black rose. I just have to get this.

"500 dollars?!?!?" My eyes practically popped out of my skull. Then Brooklyn was behind me, resting his chin on my head looking at the rose.

"I'll buy it," he picked it up and gently placed it in the cart. I instantly stepped infront of the cart, stopping him.

"No, we can't waste 500$ on a stupid friggen rose!" I took it out and put it back. Brooklyn just shook his head and placed it in the cart. He was gonna get it.

"Nope." I took it out and pushed the cart as hard as possible down the isle, making him run after it to stop it from hitting anything. Then there's me, walking with a proud smile on my face.

Brooklyn was clenching his jaw when I reached him, and he grabbed my arm pushing me and the cart to the checkout. Someone was in a bad mood.

As Brooklyn checked out our items I bit the insides of my cheeks thinking about the past weeks at the house. Or should I say mansion. Everything was very complicated still, nothing was ever settling down. Sometimes at night supposedly I'd scream and cry and thrash in the bed, or so that's what Brooklyn told me.

"Your total is $257.34 please."

Brooklyn fished out his wallet and placed $258 on the counter, "Keep the change."
******************

On the ride home I wanted to get something for lunch, so we stopped by In N Out and got burgers, shakes, and fries.

"My dad just texted me, saying there's someone new in town. I guess we are going there tonight to eat dinner. Dad said he was important?" Brooklyn raised an eyebrow at me and I looked just as confused.

"Well, I guess that means I have to look decent tonight," I popped another fry into my mouth and wiped my salty fingers on my jeans.

"You always look good in anything, but yes, you might want to wear a dress, maybe heels."

I practically chocked on my shake when he said heels. Heels were a nightmare, they always gave me blisters and they make this noise that everyone knows you're in heels. "I cannot wear heels!"

"Um, you kinda have to. If you don't get heels yourself I will get them and I will force them on you."

I mumbled a fine, and I saw him smile slyly. "Does this mean we are going shopping?"

His fingers tapped on the steering wheel as we were driving down the road, away from home, "Yup."

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>
Sorry this is extremely late, and short. But it's something!

Who's the new person in town? Hmmm😏🤔