vi

A/n: I apologize for my lack of updating. I've been really, sad, is the word. I haven't idk, had the courage to update. I lacked the inspiration. But I've got past that, for now. And I'd absolutely like to thank you so, so, so much for 1k reads! I know it's not much but wow, thank you guys. Um idk. This might be a super duper short chapter and I, again, apologize. The next chapter will be long and explain a lot more from Harry's point of view! I promise. And also, I'm tied up in homework and I'm sick so I have no idea when that chapter will be up. Sorry. I do hope you enjoy this chapter and please vote/comment. Thank you, again!! xx

Ps: If you want, follow my ig: writinginstyles. I post a bit of 1D and that's where I am sometimes..

My mom always taught me to love the people around me, and never take whatever I got for granted. She taught me that even the beaten, broken, and helpless; could somehow be helped and fixed. There was so many things she taught me and loving a person who has never been capable of loving someone properly, or at all; was one thing she never taught me. And I wish she did, I truly wish she did. Because if she had taught, I would know what to do with Harry. I'd be able to do it without getting all nervous and letting all my emotions get the best of me. I'd be able to handle the fact that he won't be able to love me as much as I love him.

It's confusing, all of this is confusing. It's all just going too fast I guess. One minute he's that guy that's never been able to love, has gone through more girls than any male prostitute probably has, and then the next minute he's mine. He's wanting me to show him how to love someone. He's taking me out to buy things on my birthday. There are things he's doing with me, that he hasn't with all the other girls he's been with. His emotions change though. They change almost as fast as the speed of light, and you'll never see it coming with him. There's so many things with Harry, you'll never see coming though. His back and forth emotions just being one of those things.

Lately the anger has gotten the best of him. I don't exactly know if it's because of the various phone calls he's received, or the early morning knocks. It could as well possibly be the late night meetings he's had with whomever he's been spending hours talking to...

"Are you listening to me?" There was the hint of annoyance in his voice. Maybe it wasn't a hint, it was pretty crystal clear. I had been so in thought.

"Sorry, what?"

"Never mind."

He grabbed the last remaining cigarette, along with the lighter and ashtray. He pulled the door shut, not saying sorry. It took me awhile to finally have the courage to go find him, and when I did; I wasn't too shocked to find him on his phone. With that, I didn't bother staying in the room.

How does one even bother to teach a soul to love another, when they're still learning to love someone who can't even love their own family. Or how do you love someone who's so closed off about everything about them, they'll keep you hidden from civilization for days on end.

I haven't talked to my parents, in a long while. Not that they want anything to do with me since I left. I still owe it to them to call. It wouldn't kill them to hear from there disobedient daughter who they sent to live off with her aunt, but she ran off with all the money they had for her. They hate me now, and I still cared for them. I need to call them immediately, my fathers birthday was days away. I have to wish him a happy birthday.

There wasn't anything interesting for me to do in this building, and there was no way Harry would be pleased about me leaving or interrupting his call about god knows what and with god knows who.

I haven't seen any of my friends -well, acquaintances- in ages. I haven't had a good girls day out in months. And I've missed Tammy.

Tammy.

I should give her a call. I haven't spoken to her since I last seen her. There's probably a lot going on in her world.

I walked over to my purse on the floor, sitting down beside it. I took hold of my phone, unlocked it, and dialled Tammy's number.

"Elise, long time no talk." She said.

"I've been occupied with stuff. How are you? How is planning a wedding?" I said. I made no effort whatsoever to get out of the spot I was in. My legs up against the wall, and my back laying on the ground. I was strangely comfortable in this position.

"Occupied with what? I'm doing fine. Wedding planning has been a pain." She paused. "How is Harry? Are you two still..."

"Uh, yeah. It's alright."

"That's grand. You and I should go out today. Have a good old fashioned girls day out." Her suggestion was something I could very well use. I needed a day out with a friend.

"Alright, I'll see you at your work at three." I removed myself from the position I was in, and headed out towards the other room where Harry had left to go minutes earlier.

He was sat on the couch, his head in his hands. I've seen him like this once, and it didn't end pleasant at all. If it's anything like last time, I'm gonna have to cancel my plans with Tammy.

"Harry..."

"Not now."

I took a step forward. To him that would be such a bad idea. Moving closer, when he was clearly in no mood for me to try to comfort him. But that's what you do when you care for someone. You wouldn't let them wallow in their own sadness alone. You'd try everything in your power to cheer them up, see them smile. No matter how much they don't want you around. And even if Harry didn't want me around him right now, he was gonna have me around.

"El, leave me alone," he said, this time his head was turned towards the opposite direction.

"No."

He got off the couch, and walked right past me into the room, slapping the door shut tight. I followed in his footsteps, only to stop when there was a loud thud hitting the ground.

Whoever had called him, had angered him to that point, with whatever they had said to him. Knowing Harry for the time I have, and from the various amount of stories, he wasn't going to open up about this. There wasn't going to be a way for me to get it out of him.

I waited for things in the room to quite down, before carefully making my way over to it. A silent praying being said in my head, I opened the door, only to see a what had caused the thud, and every other noise that was caused by Harry. The bed side table, and many of my books were everywhere on the floor. Indents here and there on the walls. Harry himself, was on the sitting against one of the damaged walls. His knuckles a bloodied mess.

"Don't even," he said.

I didn't say anything. I looked around the room, until my eyes landed on one of the many things that had value to me. An old book of mine. One I've read many times, and could tell you every word that was in it.

I walked over to it to pick it up, only to have a few of the pages fall out. As old as this book was, a page never fell out until this day. I cherished it with all my heart. I don't know if he purposely meant to wreck it or if it was in one of my many terrible hiding places that was trashed in this room, but it most definitely hurt to see my favourite thing fall apart.

There was silence in the room for what seemed like hours. There wasn't any eye contact. You would think no one was home if you were outside the closed doors, that was until I finally got up. "I'm going to buy another pack, and then I'm going to meet Tammy."

He didn't say anything, and I took that as I sign to leave.