NEVER FALL IN LOVE - CHAPTER 2 - Not interested

CHAPTER 2:

ANTHONY'S POV:

After Diana storms out of my apartment, making her dramatic exit, Selena sits there, completely unfazed. "So what are you doing tonight, jailbait?"

"Going with you to party at your frat tonight?" Selena asks hopefully.

"No way," I don't know if I'm trying to protect her from my fraternity brothers, or if they are the ones who need protecting from her.

"Please, Ant?" she looks at me with an innocence that I know she doesn't really have. Although, she does look adorable as hell.

"No," I say more sternly.

"But--"

"No."

"Katrina needs something to cheer her up. College guys always seem to do the trick," she explains.

"Not my problem. She's your friend, not mine," I get up to take a shower.

Selena follows me. Of course. "Pleeeeeeeeeze, Anthony? It's Friday night and I don't want to go to a lame high school party. I promise to be on my best behavior."

I turn around and she smacks into me. I grab her arms to steady her, then I quickly withdraw the touch. When I look at her face, she isn't looking at me, she's looking at my rumpled bed. I see a flash of hurt on her face before she quickly masks it. I ignore it because anything else wouldn't do any good anyways.

"Selena, even on your best behavior, you're a danger a danger to mankind."

She gives me a proud grin, "Only to the male population of mankind."

I roll my eyes and go into the bathroom. I hear an, "Ew!" from behind me and go back into the bedroom.

Selena points at something on the floor. It's a used condom, "Calm down, jailbait. You act like you've never seen one before."

"Not like that, I haven't," she visibly shudders. I forgot, she is the only virgin player in the world. She will date lots of guys, tease them and break their heart, but none get the privilege of an actual sexual follow-through. I should know, we dated for several weeks before I figured that out.

"Weak," I mutter and grab some tissue to clean it up.

"Now that I've been traumatized by your promiscuity, I think you owe me," she follows me into the bathroom.

"Well, if you wouldn't follow me into my private sanctuary . . ."

She stands there with her hands on her hips, "What time should I meet you here tonight?"

I groan because I know she won't give up. She'll just show up anyways, "Be here at nine." Then I give her a mischievous smile and start to unzip my jeans.

She shrieks and turns around, "Okay, gotta go, see you then!" I laugh and drop my jeans. I hear the apartment door slam, right before I turn on the water.

I lean my head against the shower wall, in frustration. I never know what to do with Selena. After all these years, I still want her. Unfortunately, I can't have her. No one can. I don't know what happened in her past to make her the way she is, but it must have been bad. The girl is scarred for life. Sometimes, I think if she would just talk about it, maybe it would help. Every once in awhile, I try to get her to open up, but she diverts all my attempts.

She is so incredibly gorgeous. Even when a guy hears about her reputation as a heartbreaker, he can't help himself. I've seen her work her magic. She has the ability to determine what a guy wants in a girl, then she becomes that girl. Once the guy is hooked, she breaks him.