16| Moe the Veteran? Tobin the Oldie.

People didn't look at Morgan Brian as a veteran on the United States Women's National Team but everyone in the back of their minds knew it.

Everyone sees the side talks Morgan has with Becky and Carli and they knew that come the last game of the Victory Tour Carli would be retired and Becky would be taking time off to have her wedding with Zola.

Everyone thought that Tobin would be the one to take on the role as captain when both of their true captains are gone. But Tobin knew that Morgan would take that role with Alex and Ali out on maternity leave.
-----------------------------------------
"As everyone knows, I'm gonna be retiring after this last game against who other than Japan-" Carli starts but is cut off by Kling yelling out "Maybe you should score another hat trick!!"

"You know what, maybe I will, just for you Kling." the older women says looking at the shock and almost horror fall into Meghan's eyes. "Nah, shut the hell up fool. I'm tryna talk." Carli says in her best New York accent.

"Ayyee only we're aloud to do terrible New York accents!" Crystal and Cari say at the same time from the back of the room.

"Shut up! Let captain talk!" Tobin yells back.

"Thank you Heath." Carli says smirking as Tobin threw her hands in the air.

"Oh come on! I've known you for over 12 years and you still only call me either Toby or Heath unless your in an interview!" the nutmeg queen yells in defeat.

"Let's be real, she only really calls Moe and Hope by their first name." Kelley points out putting her arm around the older goalkeeper coach.

"Get off me squirrel!" Hope says pushing Kelley away.

"Okay were getting off topic, what this meeting really was about was who's gonna become captain when Becky and I are gone." Carli says and Becky goes up with her.

"Okay like Carlos said, we talked with Jill and we all decided that..." Becky said.

"I'M GONNA BE CAPTAIN! I knew it." Sonnett called from the back of the room beside Crys and Cari.

"SONNETT! Shut up!" Tobin says putting her arm and Emily.

"ANYWAYS, Beck and I chose that the co-captains are gonna be 17 and Morgan." Carli say and Tobin just shakes her head smiling before standing up whilst Moe is just kinda sits there in shock.

"Wait, what?" she says standing up after Kling pushed her.

"Get up here Brian." Carli says smiling like a proud mom.

------------------------------------------------------

After being the co-captain for 9 months with Tobin, Becky came back and Morgan expected to hand it back to Becky so her and Tobin could be captains and the last thing she expected was to be called in for a 'captains' meeting in Becky and JJ's room.

Moe knocked on their door just as JJ was leaving.

"Oh hello 2012 Captain JJ." she says giving JJ a quick hug.

"Why hello current captain Bean." J says chuckling. "They're waiting for you inside. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks J, I'll talk to after." Moe says before walking in and taking a seat beside Tobin on Julie's bed while Becky sat on her own.

"So Jill and I were talking and she said that she wanted only two captains so..." Becky started before trailing off.

"Oh well, you two are obviously captains. I mean it was great being co-captain for a while but Beck, you've been our best defender since Pearcie and Tob you've been on the team for what 12+ years? You two deserve it." Morgan says starting to get up but Tobin pull her back down.

"Actually, Moe you deserve this just as much as we do. In fact, I want you to be captain over me." Tobin says pulling her in for a hug.

"No, Tobin. You deserve this a hole lot more than I do. I mean you've won 3 Gold medals, 2 world cups, won the Ballon D'or in 2016 (A/N I'm not salty what?) you've done so much for this team. Besides you're way more vocal than I am." Morgan counters.

"Oh really we're talking about vocal leadership now?" Becky says laughing.

"Okay whatever but you two are really way more qualified than I am." Moe says.

"Okay, I'll cut you a deal. If Becky and I are co-captains than you are our honorary co-captain and when I or Becky retire you and Jules are gonna be captains."

"I'll do the best I can Tobs. I promise you that."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Tonight, your starting IX for the United States number 25 Meghan Klingenberg, number 12 Emily Sonnett, number 10 Andi Sullivan, number 9 Mallory Pugh, number 8 Julie Johnston, number 7 Kealia Ohai, number 6 Morgan Brian, number 5 Cari Roccaro, number 4 Lindsey Horan, in goal number 18 Michelle Betos and your captain for the VERY LAST TIME TOBIN HEATH!!" the announcer yelled.

"Okay one last game so lets make it count for Heath over here." Carli, their new head coach yelled and Tobin just shakes her head.

"You know I might miss you Lloyd." Tobin says putting her arm around the older Jersey girl.

"You better miss me babe." Carli says giving the younger girl a peck on the cheek. "Now let's get this girl her 75th goal and 150th assist."

And that's just how the game went Tobin scored her 75th and 76th goal and got 5 more assists bringing her all time record to 155 assists and 76 goals before she got subbed out for no one in the 87th minute, handing the arm band to Moe.

"Remember what I said 16 years ago." she says putting her forehead on Moe's. "Jules and you are so grown up. Prove it to the world." she said before hugging the rest of her teammates before walking off the field to hug her wife before sitting next to her best friends on the bench who came just for this moment, mother of 4 Amy Rodriguez Shilling and mother 3 Lauren Cheney Holiday knowing that she left at the right time after 28 years on the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay I know that 28 years on the national team is a bit far fetched but I just don't want Tobs to retire like ever but whatever.

To all the Americans, hope you had a great Thanksgiving and all that jazz.

Love you all and please,

Vote, Comment, Do What You Want

Xo,Liz

P.S I have so many story ideas but I don't know if I want to put them into one shots or make full stories out of them so send in your requests please!

Much love.