65 | The Pretty Redhead

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
lxv. THE PRETTY REDHEAD

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT
UNDERWORLD

INDIANA JONES DID HER best to repress the terror she felt as she walked around the Underworld from day-to-day. She couldn't quite pinpoint what it was that scared her. Was it the dreams that haunted her? Was it the fact that she'd seen too many people that she had assassinated? Was it because she knew that she could go to a far worse place than this?

She didn't quite know. All Indiana did know was that she needed to find a way to distract herself from her new hellish reality, and Indiana knew the perfect way to do this. Unobtrusively sitting within a dimly lit building, the sound of someone jiggling a doorknob was heard.

A creaking noise was heard as the door was delicately pushed open. The silhouette of a person struck the light switch, allowing the lights to flicker on. A pretty redhead gasped, taking a step back as she noticed Indiana Jones sitting on a desk, her arm resting on her propped up leg. Her head leaned against her hand. "Well, it took you long enough," Indiana greeted.

"How—How did you get in here? Who... Who do you think you are?" the redhead demanded defensively. Indiana raised an eyebrow at her questioning. Felix's sister sure was a firecracker alright. "Did James send you? Well, you can tell him—"

"Alright, that's enough," Indiana interrupted in amusement. She allowed both of her legs to dangle off of the desk. "Did you really think I was sent here by James? Pfft, he wishes he had the honor to speak to me." When the redhead stared at her cautiously, Indiana rolled her eyes. "Ease yourself, soldier. I'm not going to hurt you."

The girl raised an eyebrow. "How do I know that? The last time I trusted someone, I was still alive," she bitterly replied.

Indiana gave her a bittersweet smile. "I know the feeling," she mentioned. She pushed herself off of the desk, landing delicately on her feet. "You're Annie Croft, right?"

Giving Indiana a strange look, she nodded. "Yes... How did you know...?" Annie trailed off with confirmation. "Who are you?"

"Oh, my sincerest apologies," Indiana apologized half-heartedly. "I'm Indiana... Indiana Jones."

Annie's eyes widened. "As in the mass murderer?" she wondered, alarmed.

"The one and only," Indiana mentioned with a wicked grin on her face. "But don't worry. Those days are far behind me." She started to walk around the Animal Shelter, the dogs whining when she got close to the cages, wanting her to let them out. "Now that I'm dead, I've decided to... change my ways."