Looking for something?

•••••••

~7 years later~

"C'mon YN!" Alex shouts for the 5th time. I'm not much of a morning person, unlike Alex. Sometimes I get jealous because of that, I could really use it on school mornings.

"Alright I'm up, I heard you the first time." I sit up on my bed and look around lazily. My eyes land on the glowing green numbers, 9:32. I almost have a mini heart attack but then I remembered that today is Saturday.

"Well then, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Alex runs out my room, I wonder what he's so excited about. I finally get the energy to stand up and change into my casual outfit, a pullover knitted sweater and skinny jeans.

"You will need more than just that today," I turn to find Seth leaning on my doorframe. "It's pretty cold outside," he says, trying to lead me somewhere.

I give him a confused look. It hasn't been anywhere near freezing for the past few days, probably because of global warming. Once he leaves, I grab my phone and look at the weather app.

I gasp. Why is it below freezing? The weather is so bipolar. I finally look out the window and found out why Alex was so excited. The neighborhood was completely blanketed in white!

I quickly run for the door, forgetting that there was a table in my way. Papers fly everywhere. For a moment, I stand in pain, clutching my stomach.

I get on my knees and start picking up papers, with one hand still on my stomach. A smile creeps on my face as I see the old drawings I made of Jack Frost, I was obsessed. Yes, obsessed. It's too embarrassing to go into details. I'm just glad I got out of it when I turned 15.

Once I finally got through the obstacles of my typical morning, which includes a lot of running into things and fighting with my brothers, I went outside to see Alex, Seth, and my best friend, Zach.

"YN!" Zach runs to me and tackles me into a big bear hug, picking me up off my feet. I may be 17 but he lifts me up like I'm 5.

"Zaaaaaaach!" I said in an annoying voice, but I hug him back making him laugh a little.

"I see you didn't take my advice," I hear Seth say. I realize I didn't have a coat on, oh well, the cold doesn't bother me.

As soon as Zach puts me down, I get hit by a snowball. I hear Alex gasp. I slowly pick up some snow and shape it into a ball. I quickly turn around and hit Alex right in the face. Zach and Seth start laughing.

Alex wipes off the snow on his face to only reveal his silly, giggly face. "It wasn't me!" He starts to laugh but throws a snowball at me; He misses of course.

I always loved a snowball fight, it was something I could actually do better then anyone, as far as I know.

~Jack's POV~

I fly back to my hometown and give everyone there a snow day, it maybe past over due but it slipped out of my mind. I don't visit Burgess often, I try to avoid unpleasant memories.

After I covered Burgess in white, I decided it was time for some fun as a smirk creeps on my face.

I start some snowball fights with groups of little kids, it's funny to watch them try to figure out who threw it first but soon they would forget and get lost in the game.

After I mess around a little, I wondered if I could find some kids my age, well I mean not a thousand years old but- oh forget it.

As I walk down the streets of Burgess, I find a group of kids around my age and younger. There were 3 boys and a girl.

They looked awfully familiar, and the fact that I've seen billions of people, they must be important.

Oh yeah, I remember now. They are one of those families that really believed in me. It was because of their mother who I bumped into when she was younger.

And that's YN, it was funny how obsessed she was over me a few years ago. She was also different from everyone else, I can just feel it.

I knelt down behind a bush, making sure they don't see me, if they still believed, that is.

I put out my hand, palm up, and create a snowball coated with ice. I grin and wait for that guy to drop her before I fire.

I hit her right on her arm, then she mistaken Alex as the victim. I linger around a bit watching the back and forth game, but it was all fun and games until Alex spotted me.

It was dead silent, the older kids have gone in for some hot chocolate. I hide behind a statue; does he still believe in me? Then he looks me right in the eye, it can't be just luck.

I would be really happy if Alex is able to see me, but it's how he reacts that I'm worried about. I guess I can't confirm any of my thoughts if I don't show myself.

"H-hello?" He half yells and half whispers. As he walks by the statue I swiftly take his hat and hide again. He gasps.

I sigh. "Looking for something?" I say. Alex turns around, his eyes grew with... Excitement!

"Jack Frost?" He gets giddy as he asks. I was right; I return his smile brightly.

"The one and only," I bow and put his hat back on his chestnut colored hair. "Woah," he looks up at me in awe.