Get Out of Me

"Alley, get your butt up, in order to see your twins you need to be up and moving" I hear my mom say as she comes into my room. Ugh even with Devin not here I still get a rude awakening. I threw the covers off of me and got out the bed and went to shower. I changed into leggings, a galaxy designed sweatshirt, and black studded combat boots. I threw my hair into a messy bun.

I walked downstairs and glared hard at my mother who disturbed my quality sleep time.

"Have you packed a labor bag?" Mom asks me. "No, I forgot about that" I respond hitting myself on my forehead at my stupidity for forgetting about that. "Well let's go do that" Mom replied dragging me up the stairs. I rummage through the closet for a few days of outfits to wear. We finished packing the bag and I flop down tired on to my bed.

"Where's daddy?" I ask mom. "Helping Devin in the house" She replies simple. I nod and snuggle deep into my bed falling asleep shortly.

~OOO~

 I awaken to dampness in between my legs. It has the whole bed soaked. Oh no, oh no, this is bad, I'm in labor and Devin is not back from the house yet. "MOM!" I call at the top of my lungs. She comes running in panic. It looks like she was cooking dinner. "My water broke" I breathe. "Oh shit, Harold!" Mom calls dad. He comes running in. "She's in labor" Mom says grabbing my pack bag. Dad runs over and helps me out the bed. "I'll get the car keys" Mom says running ahead of us. Dad helps me inside the car and gets into the driver side. Mom gets in my back with me. "Ahhhhhhhhh" I groaned when another contraction hit. "Honey, breathe in and out, in and out" Mom says doing it with me. "Call Devin" I breathe. Mom pulls out her cell and does as she is told. "Keep breathing" She says as she puts the phone up to her ear. "Devin Alley is in labor so meet us at the hospital" Mom says into the phone and hangs up. "Sweet keep breathing" My mother said. "I am breathing" I snapped grabbing her hand when another pain shoots through my body. I squeezed it so hard mom screamed "Ow" Over and over again but at this point I really don't girl. "Harold hurry up" Mom says hitting dad in the front seat. "Calm down" He says angrily as he swerve around a corner.

The car stops and I groaned "Not another red light". Dad jumps out of the car and went to get my bag. "Go check her in, I got her" Mom says as she helps me out. We made it to the front door without a contraction. They had the wheelchair ready to go. They help me into the chair and dad is running in front of us opening the doors. "Honey strip out of your clothes" Mom says helping me up. Instead of me taking off my clothes mom does while dad turns his back. "ARGH!" I groaned when another one hit. I blocked out the rest of the sounds since all I could focus on was the pain of this contraction. I never in my whole life experience pain like this. It was excruciating pain. "Where's Devin?" I ask my mom once the contraction was over. "He'll be here soon" She says and just like that he burst through the door. "Alley" He rushes to my side. "Is she ready to deliver?" I hear him ask the nurse. "Ummm... no she's only seven centimeters dilated in order to deliver she has to be ten" The nurse replies.

"Who's staying in the room during the delivery?" The nurse asks. "Just Devin" My mom responded. "Okay, so when it's time to deliver, Devin you will change into these scrubs or you can change into them now" The nurse said walking out of the room "We're going to wait outside" My mom said dragging dad along with her. "Babe how much does it hurt?" He asks rubbing some hair out of my face. "A lot" I moaned throwing my head back on to my pillow and closing my eyes trying to think of something else beside the pain. That contraction went away and I breathe a sigh of relief. Pretty soon I was able to fall asleep without another contraction hitting.

I woke up yawning and to see Devin sleeping in the chairs in his scrubs. He was snoring gently with his feet propped up on the other chair. I was so distracted by analyzing Devin I didn't even notice the sun shining outside. Really? I thought. I made it through the night and still haven't given birth. I look down at my bulging stomach and just frowned down at them. Haven't they caused me enough tortured pain? "Hello sweetie" The nurse says walking into the room. "Hi" I mumbled rubbing circles on my belly. "How are you feeling?" She asks. "Anxious and irritated and hurting" I replied with a straight face. "Normal, since you expected to give birth yesterday, you're now nine centimeters dilated" The nurse announced. "I am but I didn't feel no contractions while I slept" I stated shock. "Actually you would wake up when you felt a contraction hit and you would moan and groan in pain then fall right back asleep" She says. "I did, well I don't remember" I sighed. "So we're going to come in and start prepping for the birth since your almost there" The nurse says grabbing her clipboard and walking out the room.