91. Partners In Crime - Pete Wentz

Written because of my recent obsession with Set It Off

Police sirens filled the air, along with the sound of tires skidding on gravel. 

"We have your van surrounded!" A man's voice called from outside the van. "Come out with your hands up!"

Pete looked towards you, his eyes twinkling. "So this is the end then?"

You shrugged. "It doesn't have to be."

"Well, we made a pact." Pete reminded you.

You nodded. "They'll never take us alive."

He leaned over and pressed a kiss to your lips. "Let's go." Pete grinned at you.

He pushed open the van doors. "You caught us!" He shouted, holding up his pistol.

"Put your weapon on the ground!" The police officer shouted, shakily holding up his own gun.

"Relax." Pete offered you a hand. You hopped down onto the ground, the gravel crunched under your feet. "This is just a formality." He pointed the gun towards the officer. "This is (Y/N), my girlfriend and partner in crime."

"Hiya." You saluted the officer. "Nice shoes."

The young policeman glanced down at his shoes and blushed. "P-put your weapon down Mr. Wentz."

"Or you'll shoot me?" Pete raised an eyebrow. "Go ahead, I'd never pass up an opportunity to die."

You chuckled at the officer's flustered face. "Pete, we've got ourselves a rookie. My guess is, he's never fired a weapon before."

"He hasn't," a voice sounded from behind the barricade, "but I have and I'm not afraid to do it again."

Pete's grin widened. "Well if it isn't Cody Carson, we meet again. The villain turned hero. It's a wonder they let you on the force with prior criminal activity. My guess is that it's for your information, not your charisma."

Officer Carson stepped around the young policeman. "I suggest you do what officer Schneider says, or this won't end well for you."

"You know our motto," Pete replied cockily.

Carson smirked. "'You'll never take us alive.'"

"We're sticking to it!" You shouted, stepping towards the blockade with open arms.

"I'm really sorry about this." Cody said sadly, pulling his gun from the holster.

Pete cocked the gun and pointed it right at officer Schneider. "I'm not." He methodically fiddled with the trigger.

"FIRE!" Cody shouted.

Record scratch. Freeze frame.

So, you're probably wondering how you and Pete got into this situation.

Well stay tuned for the next part.

Lowkey wants to make this a fic but refrains because I'm already writing like 4...

Hoped you like this.

Part 2 coming soon