You might want to see this: Rodgers X Reader

"Do you have your target yet Y/n?" Steve's voice carried into your ear.

"Street is completely empty Cap. Not even a piece of paper moving." You sigh and pull away from the scope of the rifle. "This is pointless. It's been two hours Steve and I can't feel my legs anymore." You look over your shoulder at your legs laying behind you. "Maybe we should call it."

Only silence met you and your rolled your eyes before looking back through the scope. Still nothing. You knew that he didn't want to call it a failed mission but you were getting restless. You had been after an unidentified target for weeks now and still had nothing on him. You didn't even know how Fury knew where to sent you to look for the guy.

"So. What do you want for supper?" You asked after another twenty minutes of nothing. "I'm thinking we order out at this point. Pizza Hut?"

"Y/n."

"I am not cooking when we get back. Not happening." You leaned away from the scope and rubbed your tired eyes.

"Y/n please focus."

"Yeah yeah." You mutter and took a breath before looking back to the street below. "Let's see. Person talking on phone. Person walking dog. Person continually looking over their shoulder. Someone trying to shut off a car alarm."

"Go back. What did you say?"

"Someone trying to shut off a car alarm? Steve we arnt looking for common thief." You frown.

"No before that." He sounded impatient.

"Oh uhh." You searched the street again. "Someone looking over their shoulder? He doesn't seem problematic actually." You focused in closer and swallowed hard. "Okay scratch that. You might want to see this." You hesitated. "Or maybe not." You said more quietly.

"If you see him then take the shot Y/n." Now he really sounded irritated.

"With all due respect Cap. I cant." You shook your head still watching through the scope. "If I did you would have my head for it. Please hook to what I'm seeing."

You heard him sigh before seeing the little green light inside the scope. Silence followed as you kept the gun trained on the target. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that-"

"Bucky."

"Steve don't do anything stupid." You warned torn between keeping covering fire from your post or going to stop your boyfriend. You groaned and watched as Steve made his way towards the hooded man.

You could see him saying something but couldn't make it out. It was a tense two minutes before the first punch was thrown by Bucky. "Screw this." You muttered pushing yourself up to your feet and promptly down to one knee. "Wow I really can't feel my legs." You grumble.

It took you a few moments to reach the men who now had a crowd of people watching. You pushed your way to the front and stumbled into the clearing. You stood still trying to figure out how to intervene. When Bucky landed a blow that sent Steve through the window of the barber shop you took the opening.

Bucky stared at you confused when you stepped in front of him but when you connected your fist to his jaw he snapped out of it. You were vaguely aware of Steve yelling something to you but you were more surprised at the force Bucky punched with. It wasn't long before you sat against the brick wall holding your jaw. "I should have just taken the shot."

Something caught the man's attention and he turned and took off running while Steve pulled you to your feet. You kept a grip on Steve's arm to steady yourself but also stop him from following. "Leave it Steve. Now isn't the time." You murmured watching Tony land in his suit.

"Did I miss the party?" He asked as the crowd dispersed

"Yeah. You missed me getting my butt kicked." You frowned. "Literally."

Tony snickered. "So you missed your target?"

"Yeah." You huffed and shared a glance with Steve. "But I'm sure I'll get another chance soon enough." You said simply. You could feel Tony's gaze boring into you from behind the mask.

"Come on Y/n. Let's go get pizza and some ice for your-"

You shot him a glare.

"Your jaw." He reddened and you rolled your eyes. He slipped his arm around you and started down the street.

"So your going to let me deal with cleanup?" Tony called after you.

"We dealt with the dirty work Tony. All you need to do is call some people." Steve smirked over his shoulder. "Have fun."