12. a beat-up benjamin

Start from the beginning

Jay smirked proudly before pulling back, gasping for air. He rested his hands on either side of Carlos's heads, taking long breaths with his mouth. He recovers his breathing shortly after he pulled away, and goes back to facing Carlos.

"I can barely see you. But I'm still imagining you with your cute little scrunched up, galaxy face." Jay exclaimed, smiling like a goof even though Carlos couldn't see him because of how dark it was, "Seriously, how does the janitor manage to find things in here, even with the lights on it's dim."

Carlos doesn't say anything, and instead decides to rest the back of his head on the door he was stilled thrown onto. His breathing is heavier than Jay's was, mostly because Jay didn't give him mercy and took no breaks. Yet Carlos wasn't complaining, they would've still been going.

He was longing for Jay to get out of his daydream state and go back to kissing him, even when he was short of breath. For a moment, he thought of doing it himself, but he didn't. He didn't want to seem needy.

Jay was about to mention why he was being so quiet, but the bell beat him to it, ringing loudly. "It's been 16 minutes already?" He asked to himself.

Carlos only ducked under Jay's arms and grabbed his backpack which was somehow on the floor, and gave Jay his, gulping as Jay took it from him and opened the door, running a hand through his hair that was put in a manbun, fixing all the strands that got out.

"I hope we don't look like we were about to fuck." Jay looked over his shoulder to Carlos, who was looking around the halls. "Why are you being so quiet? Did I leave you dumbfounded?"

"No, it's not that, I just have a feeling something bad is gonna happen. Or something good. Or both, I don't know. It's, like, in my gut, I can feel it." Carlos explained, clenching his fists.

Jay slipped a chuckle and walked to his locker, about to put in the code when his name was called through the crowded hallways. He turned around, eyes widened.

Benjamin was making his way through the students, looking completely messed up from the face. His eyes was closed shut and it was a purple color, his lip was busted and there was a scar right on his cheek. He was limping, too, though he didn't even have crutches, so it mustn't be so bad.

Jay rolled his eyes, having simply no pity for him, and went to put his locker code in.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Benjamin put a hand on his shoulder and turned him around roughly, "I'm not here to bother Carlos, I'm here to--"

"Make me feel bad? Because it's my gonna work, trust me. I have no pity for people who don't deserve pity." Jay smacked, looking Benjamin straight in the eye.

"Well, I'm partly here for that. But also to say thank you."

Jay looked shocked, "What? What are you thanking me for? I beat you up to to a pulp and you're thanking me?"

Benjamin nodded, "Yeah, I am. See, I don't think you knew, but I was in the tourney team, which I never wanted to be but my mom made me join so I could get exercise, and I've been on it up until now. And now that I'm bruised, I can't be on it anymore."

"Oh. Okay?" Jay looked around, "How do you expect me to react to that if I don't really care...?"

"You should care, actually. Because since my parents know that you're the one that beat me up and left me bruised," He got out a paper from his back pocket, "You're gonna take my place. All until I get healed, or possibly even longer just for extra punishment. Probably the whole season. Or the entire shool year. They're in a dilemma." Benjamin shrugged.

Jay snatched the paper from his bruised hands and opened it, Carlos taking a peek at it from next to him, "Dear Jayden Williams, we found out that you beat up one of your fellow classmates only through anger, and as for punishment, you will be taking his spot as captian of the school's tourney team-- horseshit." Jay shoved the paper into Benjamin's chest.

"It's true. And you can tell because it's in cursive." He pointed at the handwriting.

"Why should I believe that so easily?"

"Because I don't know how to write in cursive. Right, Carlos?"

Jay raised an eyebrow at Carlos, who nodded.

"It's still horseshit."

"Well, you have to do it even if it's horseshit or not." Jay glared, "So, after school you'll have to be at the backyard where we have all our games so they can teach you how to play and get you ready for the game. Good luck." He was about to walk away when he stopped himself, "Oh, and my mom and dad wanted to see you and Carlos in the principal's office, I don't know why, though." He shrugged before limping away.

Jay and Carlos looked at eachother and shrugged before walking into the direction of the office, passing by students that were still lingering throughout the halls. When they arrived, they were looking at them with a serious face.

"So, uh... you wanted to see us?" Jay asked, taking a seat in the chairs without being asked.

"Yes, we'd like to talk about that little moment you two had in the janitor's closet?"

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU, ASSHOLE!"

•••

ahhhhhhh my update schedule is so far behind GAH im sorry for such a late update, i get so lazy!!!!!!!

i don't have much to say except sorry to anyone who was waiting (which are probably none) but here it is!!!

until next time, jaylosers!!!

-a