Data

This was requested by libbiliboo I hope you like it!

It had been a very long week on The Enterprise, you had worked overtime in engineering everyday. Finally, it was Friday night and you wanted to just eat dinner and unwind.

You were walking to get dinner when everything started to fall apart, literally, you fell on a broken screw from a nearby wall panel that had just been fixed. Grumbling you pulled some tools out of the tool kit you still had with you and fixed it. After you let there the handle of your tool bag broke.

You were forced to carry the bag by the bottom, planning on fixing the handle tomorrow. You finally made it to the dining hall and signed in relief, that is until someone ran into you and spilled hot coffee on you.

"I'm so sorry!" They told you.

"It's alright" you mumbled while getting some napkins to try and dry yourself off. You decided to just get food and go back to your room, no point staying and waiting for another disaster. You got your food and started walking back to your room.

You made it to your room without any problems, except for a few odd looks from others onboard. You looked rather odd, you were carrying a broken bag, a good amount of food, and were covered in coffee.

Once you made it to your room you tied to open the door and failed. You tried again and again before realizing the door must be stuck.

"Really? Today is just a fabulous day". You muttered before sitting down on the ground in front of the door, feeling defeated. You went to eat and the container your food was in would not open. This was the last straw and you started to cry.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Someone asked. You slowly looked up to see Data in front of you.

"No." you answers honestly.

"Might I be able to assist you in any way?" Data asked, looking as concerned as he was able to.

"My door won't open, and neither will my dinner". You told him while wiping away your tears. Data slowly took the container from your hands and opened it, it hadn't been as hard as you were making it out to be.

"I will call Geordi and see if he can come fix your door." Data told you before doing just that. He soon told you Geordi would be there in a few minutes.

"Thank you so much!" You said before hugging him. You realized how awkward that must have seems and stopped suddenly. "Sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Data asked, seemingly puzzled.

"I got over excited and hugged you." You explained.

"I don't see any problem with hugging". Data told you before awkwardly pulling you into a hug. "I believe you needed a hug today."

"I really did." You admitted before hugging him back.

I hope everyone liked this one, I always find Data ones a little hard to write but I love him as a character.