Skinny Love (Pietro Maximoff x Reader)

Y/N felt her heart beat faster as she opened the door to reveal the familiar smirk of her best friend.

How did they even became friends was beyond her. It was probably thanks to their kindergarten teacher pairing them up.

His crystal blue eyes sparkled when he walked in. Pietro wore a baby blue shirt along with grey jeans and white shoes.

Then, he disappeared somewhere down the hall. His scent brushed past her as her hair flew up. He smelled of clean linen and mint.

"Do you have any food?" He asked from down the hall.

"Yeah," She answered back, closing the door. "In the cupboard."

When she came back to the living room, Pietro was laid out on her couch, lazily. A chip bag sat on his lap as he flicked through the channels on the TV.

"How was you date?" Y/N asked, sitting down next to him. Her finger reached into the bag and grabbed a chip as he snatched the chips away with a annoyed look.

"It was fine," he responded, nonchalantly, inspecting her face for any kind of emotion.

But none showed on her face except the desire to change the channel away from the basketball.

"Why?" Pietro demanded. "Jealous?" He teased, poking her cheek.

Yes, she thought. "No," she scoffed, swallowing her lie.

"She was boring." Pietro continued. "She didn't have any opinions, pathetic." He muttered.

Y/N smacked his arm lightly, "Don't be mean, she seemed to really like you." She scolded.

"I'm just being honest." Pietro shrugged. "I'm looking for someone genuine."

"That's it?" She joked, "What about looks?"

"Well, duh." He rolled his blue eyes. "She has to be hot,"

A hot stinging jab was felt in her heart, but she never strayed her eyes from the TV, acting casually. Like the conversation isn't that interesting.

"And funny and has to have common sense." He continued. "And be a good kisser."

"How do you tell if someone is a good kisser if you haven't kissed them?" She asked, frowning.

Pietro looked at Y/N's lips and licked his own. She didn't notice but continued flicking through channels, the Dora theme song playing for a second.

"I can just tell." He answered, anonymously.

Y/N glanced over as Pietro frowning and staring at her.

"What?" She asked, raising a eyebrow.

The tension in the air room was thick now.

"You have a chip that fell down you shirt." Pietro fibbed, the tension disappearing along with his words.

Y/N glanced down her shirt but found nothing.

"Anyway," Pietro continued, "I already have someone in mind."

"Already? Who?" Y/N asked, frowning. "I hope it's not any of those girls again."

"What?" A cocky smile plastered on his face, "What's wrong with them? They really like me." He mocked what she said earlier.

"I'm just saying those never last." Y/N held up her hands in mock surrender.

"The girl I have in mind is not those girls." He said, staring at the coffee table longingly. "She's my friend."

"Do I know her?" She frowned.

"Oh yeah," he laughed, "I think she is perfect.. It's just hard to confess."

"I know what it feels like," Y/N sighed, agreeing with him. "You don't know what they feel towards you."

"Do you have someone?" Pietro asked, leaning in. "Do tell."

Y/N shoved his face, "Nope," she said, "unless you tell me yours."

"Nope," Pietro mimicked. "But I bet my crush is a better kisser."

A lump in her throat formed as she swallow it down replacing it with a smile.

"No, I bet mine is." She said, smiling smugly. "He's had practice."

"Going for the bad boys are you?" He shook his silver head, in mock disappointment. "I thought you were better."

"Shut up, at least mines hasn't been a drilling station." She fired back.

"She isn't a—"

A loud ice cream ad popped up in the screen, making them both jump. A tub of ice cream popped up making Y/N think of the ice cream she had in the freezer.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She randomly asked.

"Do you have ice cream?" He asked, looking at her.

She nodded, "can you order pizza?"

He nodded.

And their conversation forgotten, as they both looked longingly at each other when they weren't looking.

Back to that skinny love all over again.

Both oblivious and both hurting.

Part 2?