Part 2 of Chapter 2: Do I like him?

Anna's POV

I jerked awake, the horrible nightmares running through my head again. It was the middle of the night. As I looked around I saw no one outside. Tears threatening to pour down me face, I screamed not in pain but in fear and sorrow. I hated what he had done to me, what I had to hide and live through every day. It wasn't the same anymore. I had been treated well by Draco for a while but he started hating and hurting me one day. I didn't know what was wrong with him and didn't care, I just knew I needed out of his life. I tried to run away many time's but it seemed to never work. He has his hooks in me so deep that hope of him not being in my life is no more. He'll find me here, I know it. Its like he can track me down were ever I go and bring me back to his home and my personal hell.

Letting several tears run down my face, I look around. "No one in sight as I hoped," I whispered under my breath. I stood up with a tree in sight. Looking before I move, I walk towards the tree and set my hand on fire. I punch it through the tree leaving a gaping hole in it.

The emotions hit me then and I slump to the floor, letting the tears show. I sit there, crying for an hour and finally when I'm out of tears, return to me room and lay on my bed. I don't fall asleep. I don't move. I just lay there staring at the ceiling and think. 'Am I even worth it? Am I useless? Am I nothing like Draco says?' are just a few of the questions that run throughout my head.

Finally as the sun breaks and shows itself, I just put on a pair of jeans, a baggy shirt with a hood, a pair of flats, my hair into a side braid, grab my sketch book and a pencil, and I put on a bit of eyeliner and head over to the cafe. I get to the cafe and grab a cup of hot coco and sit in a seat solitary , my knees up to my chin and hot coco cup surrounded by both my hands, that's at a table facing a huge glass window.

I smile and remind myself of these types of moments back home with my family. I go into a daze for a bit as the sun comes out and make's a sunrise that would be like one back home. I snap out of the daze as it comes into view.

I sit there thinking and open my sketch book and draw, preserving this moment. As time passes, the sun fades and turns into a normal day and I finish my drawing. I get up, throw away my cup from the hot coco and start to walk out the door when I bump into someone and dropped my sketch book. "Oh! I'm so sorry," I say as I reach down and grab my sketch book.

"It's okay," the guy says.

"Bye."

"Bye," he calls out after me. I reach about half way down the hall when he yells back to me.

"Wait! You forgot this!" He runs to me and hands me the picture and drawing of Blaine and I that my father took and my mother drew.

"Oh god, thank you."

"No problem. I'm Vincent by the way, and you are?" He sticks his hand out to shake mine.

"Annabelle, but I'm usually called Anna." I take his hand cautiously and shake it.

"I'm sorry for running into you by the way."

"Oh, it's okay, it was my fault anyways."

"Um, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why are your eye's red?" I look down and try not to think about it anymore. "Oh, I'm...I'm sorry you don't hav-"

"No...it's okay. I'm just going through something at the moment."

"Oh...look's like you have been through a lot."

"Yeah..."I say as I look back to him.

"Um...hey, do you want to get some coffee or something?" he says, pointing over his shoulder at the cafe.

"Sure...I mean I was just there, but I'd like to be able to be with someone." I smile as he leads the way back into the cafe and buys himself a coffee while he buys me hot tea.

"Thanks...again," I say as I sit, knees to my chin, at the table.

"No problem...again. So, what's going on in your life that's making you cry?"

"Um...if its okay with you....I'd rather not talk about it..." He looks at me with a weird glance.

"...okay...so, what are you?"

"I'm a Witch, you?"

"I'm a demon."

I flinch as he says the word demon. 'Oh god, please don't let him hurt me,' I think to myself."C-Cool."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay. So, your into drawing?"

"Yeah, I draw whenever I can actually. I drew this one last night." I showed him the picture of the flowers.

"Wow, that really good."

"Thanks."

"Your welcome," he says as he smiles at me.

"Um....sorry for asking you this....but are you having nightmares about something?"

"Yeah.....why?"

"And you want to get rid of them, right?"

"Yeah....but again why? And how do you know this stuff?" his smile turning into a frown.

"Oh god, I'm sorry, I am so sorry, I just couldn't help but read you. But here." I get up and go behind him. I take my crystal necklace off and put it on Vincent."This should get rid of the nightmares."

"Uh..." He looks at the crystal, then back to me smiling."Thanks."

"Your welcome. I should go now. Bye. It was nice meeting you."

"You too, bye." I get up and start to walk away when he catches my wrist. I quietly yelp in pain. Before I got away, Draco had sprained that wrist."Um...when can I see you again?" he aska, my back still to him.

"I'll most likely be under one of the trees drawing. I have to go..." I pull my wrist, yelping quietly in pain again and walk towards my dorm, leaving him in the cafe by himself. I continue to think about him as I walk, my cheeks starting to turn red. 'Do I like him?'