Lost Soul, Now Found (Chapter 22)

Start from the beginning

"Easy... I'm not going to hurt you... It's not safe for you out here. It's too hot in this car."

"Stay away!"

"I'm here to help you. Your mom... She can't really help you anymore... I'm sorry. What happened?"

The boy was still crying but tried to calm down.

"A big dog bit her."

Bray knew that this must have been a young boy because the tracks left behind were from a wolf.

"Please... I want to help you, but I need for you to trust me. You can't stay out here... Not by yourself, you'll die on your own."

The boy was confused and still unsure.

"Why do you want to help me?"

"Because that's what you do for people in need... You look hungry, can I get you something to eat?"

"I am hungry."

"Will you trust me to help you?"

The boy slowly opened the door and looked at the man standing in front of him. He then looked over to where his mother's lifeless body lay. He started to cry as he realized that his mom would no longer be able to take care of him. He realized that the man crouched down in front of him. He moved slowly so he wouldn't scare the boy and out his hand on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry about your mother, from the looks of it, she died trying to protect you. She loved you, and still loves you even though she can't tell you anymore... I know you don't know me, but it's better that being out here alone. Will you come with me?"

The boy slowly wiped his tears away and nodded. He was helped into the car and put his seatbelt on. He stayed quiet as they drove away.

"I guess the first thing we need to do is get you something to eat and get to know you. What is your name?"

"Tyler."

He stuck out his hand to shake Tyler's hand.

"Nice to meet you Tyler. My name is Bray Wyatt, but you can call me Bray."

Tyler nodded his head like he understood, but remained quiet. Bray didn't know what to think... He was just going out for breakfast when he finds a woman torn apart by the side of the road and a boy left all alone. Everyone else just passed him by, who knows how long it would have been until someone stopped to help him? He wasn't about to leave him alone, with the temperature rising, he would have died if he stayed in that car. This was something completely new to him, but Bray planned on takin care of Tyler and helping him with his grief, and until he could figure out what to do with him. Tyler was a young boy about five years old, he had short blonde hair and blue eyes. Tyler was still wiping tears from his eyes as they pulled up somewhere for breakfast. Bray wanted to think of something to calm him down. He decided to just talk to him and tell him about his own mother.

"You know Tyler... I lost my mother at a young age too... I can't really remember anything about her. My father... He was a strict man, I looked up to my sister, she was like a mother to me. I know how you feel... You're hurting, and you're scared. I promise you Tyler... I'm not here to hurt you, just help you... Do you have any other family? A father? Grandparents? An Aunt or Uncle?"

"My dad left... I don't know where my Uncle lives... I don't know where I am, or how to get home."

"We'll figure something out."

Bray thought for a moment.

"Would you like to stay with me for a while?"

Tyler was quiet. He didn't really know what else to do, and Bray had been nice to him. He nodded his head. It was quiet for a minute until Bray spoke up again.