Chapter 30

Chapter 30:
"Psst" I whispered into her ear as she continued to sleep with her head on my lap. It was around 9 in the morning and she still hasn't woken up. I'd taken a small nap, hoping she'd be up before me, but she wasn't.
"Laaaauren" I hum as I run my finger down the curve of her neck and her shoulder. She mumbled something and moved her head further into my lap making me chuckle lightly. The sunlight was hitting her face, highlighting the features you wouldn't normally see in her, like how long her eyelashes are and that she had a small scar on the side of her nose. A sudden blot of something ran through my chest as i stared down at her. The fact I was so close to losing her, to never have this moment with her made my stomach drop and tears prick my eyes. But then my hand fell to the soft hair cascading on my thighs and I almost feel silly. I knew I loved her too much for that to be our end, we had only begun. I know we had never properly been finished in the first place, and as I watch her eyes move underneath her eyelids as she dreams I hope we never do come to a finished.
But what we were finished with social courtesies and the stupid mannerisms of a socialites; I wasn't going to obey the demand of everyday life and settle into a routine now I had her secure with me. No, I was going to eat life raw as it comes, I'm going to love her like she should be loved, with a passion and dedication that will sweep her off her feet, leave her without air in her lungs and wide eyes and a thumping heart. I knew I wouldn't get a second chance, if something was to happen again I want her to know how much I really do adore her. How she's the reason my eyes blink and my cheeks flush and my head spins, and how that will never change. I knew she wasn't just any other girl; the way she thought and saw life was different to others, she's special; special to me. And drug dealers and models aren't going to see that, no ones going to want to sink their teeth into her thoughts and dreams and everything in between like me, no one will love her with the blinding haze I will, no one will understand how special she really is but me. I knew I couldn't slip away again, and I promised myself right there I never will again.
I placed a kiss on the top of her head before looking out the window to see the world rushing by. We were to arrive at New York at 5:30 tonight, and our flight wasnt until 11, so I decided I'd bring her out and do something special for her. But I'd never been in New York and I couldn't even begin to think of something that would show her how much she means to me, so I looked in her journal for ideas.
I reach down to where I had placed it before I fell asleep and flicked through the pages until I landed on the pages filled with pictures of New York, and it turns out she had the exact same idea as me. Coney Island seemed like something she was intent on seeing, as well as bringing me for dinner.
A half an hour later I had everything planned out as she started to stir.
"Hey there sleepy" I hum as I put down the journal and run my hands through her hair. She slowly sits up as she rubs her eyes and moves her head into the crook of my neck and her arm drapes across my stomach as she yawns.
"Im not ready to get up yet" she mumbles into my neck and I wrap my arms around her.
"You've slept all night" I chuckle and she sighs.
"The meds I'm on for my stomach are meant to knock me out for hours" she says softly and it suddenly occurs to me that she's not like she was before; driving fast cars and handling guns. She was fragile and needed care and attention.
"Are you okay? When do you have to take them?" I ask anxiously to which she chuckles and starts to play with my fingers.
"Slow down baby, I need to eat first" she says, amused as I untense myself.
"We should go get breakfast.." I trail off and she suddenly sits up and beams at me cheekily.
"What?" I ask with a smile as she stares at me.
"Can I take you to breakfast?" She asks and I laugh.
"Hmm..." I trail off pretending to contemplate the question. "Like a date?"
"Yes, a very romantic train date with lots of flirting and kisses and hand holding" she says cheekily and I bite my lip to stop myself from kissing her right there and then.
"Well you need to court me first" I say stubbornly and she rolls her eyes.
"Seriously?" She asks and I smile.
"Hmm mmm"
"Right" she answers before sitting over the other side of the seats and looking away.
We both have smiles trying to fight there way onto our faces but we keep them hidden as we mess with each other.
"Lovely weather we're having" she says after the silence settles.
"It's great, yes" I comment and I see her slightly etching towards me.
"Im Lauren, by the way..and you are?" She asks holding her hand out which I take.
"Camila" I reply and smile.
"Pretty name for a pretty girl" she says smoothly.
"do you say that to every girl you meet on train rides?" I quip back and she smirks.
"Oh no, I keep that one for special girls"
We both look at each other with goofy grins and I can feel my cheeks start to blush.
"I know this is a little forward.."she trails off, etching her hand closer to mine. "But I was wondering if I could take you out sometime?"
"I barely know you!" I say with false shock lining my voice.
"Get to know me" she says with a smirk and I can't help but smile back.
"I suppose you can"
"Great, ill pick you up in about 2 minutes?" She asks slowly getting up from her seat.
"Sounds perfect" I smile as she slips out of the little room.
"See you then" I hear before the door shuts. I quickly get up and run my hands through my hair as I try to look presentable. I slide my shoes on and try not to fall over my untied laces when I hear a knock on the door. I swing it open to see a cheeky looking Lauren leaning against the doorframe.
"Wow..." She breathes out as she rakes her eyes up my body. "You look amazing" she says in awe and I almost feel like I am in fact dressed up for a proper date.
"You're not too bad yourself" I giggle as she takes my hand.
"Shall we?" She asks and I nod my head before she pulls me out of the doorway and down the carriage. Our laughter turns into the loud obnoxious type you can't keep in as we run past people who shoot us filthy looks.
We get to the carriage with the restaurant in it and a I hold her hand in both of mine and stick to her side as we regain our breath.
"Hello my good man, reservation under Jauregui?" She asks and I try not to laugh too loud at the old mans face.
"You don't make reservations, you just sit down and order" he says in an irritated voice.
"Oh, must have been another train..did you hear that honey? We're on the wrong train!" She turns to me with raised eyebrows and glint in her eye and I notice Ive never seen her quite as happy as she is right now.
"What will we do dear?!" I reply with shock.
"I guess we'll just have to eat and hope for the best" she says seriously to which I nod with a frown.
"We have no other option, I suppose" I reply and with that the old man rolls his eyes and she leads me to a table for two.
"He hates us already" I whisper as she throws her head back and laughter bubbles out of her.
"Really? I was kind of warming to him" she says with a smirk before picking up her menu and scanning through it.
"I want ice cream" I say looking at her face as she looks up at me.
"Seriously? 10am and you want ice cream?" She asks biting her lip to stop her obvious smile.
"Im needy" I reply with a small smile knowing I have her wrapped around my finger. Her eyes playfully bore into mine and I stare right back until we hear a rough voice clear there throat from beside us.
"Can I take your order?" The old man asks as I keep my eyes at her face when she looks up at him.
"Yes you can Sir, for my lovely lady here I'd like your best vanilla ice cream with as many sprinkles as you'll allow; and for me, I'd likes scrambled eggs and bacon with coffee please" she says as he scribbled on his note pad.
"You're food will be with you shortly" he says monotonously as he takes our menus and leaves.
"Such a lovely man.." She trails off looking at his retreating form.
"Hi" I say as she turns her attention back to me.
"Hello there" she replies taking my hand over the table in both of hers.
"I really missed you" I admit as she runs her thumb over the back of my hand.
"I really missed you more" she says with a smile keeping her eyes on our hands.
"You know I'm not going to let you out of my sights ever again, right?" I ask to which she chuckles.
"I don't think you'll need have to worry about that since I won't be able to keep my hands off you" she smirks at me and I melt just a little.
"Laur?"
"Yes baby"
"What are we?" I ask unsurely and her eyebrows knit together.
"Eh..people?"
"No, I mean like us" I say and her mouth forms an 'o' shape.
"Well, I'd like to think we're inseparable..." She trails off with a smile and I hold back a laugh.
"I was actually going to ask you tonight if you'd like to be my boring old girlfriend so we can be a boring old couple who do boring old things like sleep all day and watch movies and cuddle" she admits.
"Really?" I say as I bite my lip and butterflies swarm my stomach.
"Hmm mm" she trails off playing with my fingers.
"Wait; Laur I want to take you out tonight instead since you're taking me to breakfast" I pout and she smiles at me.
"Baby I brought you to a shitty train restaurant and you want to bring me out in New York?"
"Seems far to me" I answer with a huge smile.
"Fine, but I'm still asking"
"Not if I ask first"
"Don't you ever dare"
"I guess we'll just have to wait and see" I sing song out as she looks at me like I'm the only person in the room, making me feel like I was too.
Our food came and we forked it down our necks, and I ended up stealing some of Laurens food since ice cream wasnt the best idea for breakfast, but I'd never admit to it. We ran back to our carriage and decided to watch a movie, but after she took her meds she ended up falling asleep for another 5 hours, but I didn't mind. Better to have her here sleeping than not at all.